San Juan del Sur Nicaragua Frid 10 April

Emigrant

Hi Kathy. We just got back from the Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess so maybe I can help. Nicaragua was difficult to plan for. Somewhere on the Princess board is a thread about tours in Nicaragua, and I got a lot of help there. You may have to scroll back several (or more) pages to find it though. San Juan del Sur looked like a kind of funky little beach town, and I wish I'd had more time to spend there. We only saw it from our tour bus as we were going further inland. We took a ship-sponsored tour called Colonial Grenada and Isletas Boat Cruise with Lunch (or something like that). We enjoyed this tour very much. Yes, it's about a 2 hour bus ride, but almost any tour you take in this port involves a lot of time on a bus since all of the "good stuff" is in the interior of the country. In this port, some friends of ours chose to take the Princess tour to the Arenal Volcano, and they also enjoyed their tour. They got lucky because they didn't have fog or clouds that day, and they were able to view the inside of the volcano. I guess I just didn't want to take a chance on actually being able to view the volcano since no one can predict conditions, so we went with the tour to Granada. I believe the cost for our tour and also our friends' tour was about $99 per person.

Let me know if I can help anymore.

Elf

Archived