I need a carseat for the taxi ride...

minnymi

I will be flying into Miami airport and will take the taxi to Miami port. I won't have a carseat with me. How do you suggest I get a carseat for my son? Do I need to calll the taxi service ahead of time to request for one? How do other people travelling with young children do it? Thanks...:confused:

I will be flying into Miami airport and will take the taxi to Miami port. I won't have a carseat with me. How do you suggest I get a carseat for my son? Do I need to calll the taxi service ahead of time to request for one? How do other people travelling with young children do it? Thanks...:confused:

Can you bring your carseat on the plane to give him extra protection when flying?

When I needed it for my DS, I would gate check the carseat. It was a little bit of a hastle to carry it down to the gate, what with a stroller too, but it was definitely worth it.

When he was still in the infant seat, that just snapped on the stroller. I got lucky everytime I traveled with him when he was a baby and had an empty seat next to me, so he got to stay in the carrier and I didn't have to check it.

I know this may not be the safest things, more convenient. When I travel and take a cab/limo/shuttle, I do not bring a car seat. Most municipalities do not require car seats when a passenger is riding with their child. I think they understand that it's not practical for the driver or perhaps the parent.

Practical for the driver because the parent is trying to find the L.A.T.C.H. or fiddling with the belt. The driver may pull the "flag" and get the time ticking because time is money.

I've always held onto my kid for dear life knowing that a seat would be better, I'm not lugging two Brittex Marathon's for my two kids. When I rent a car, I always ask for a car seat.

I know this may not be the safest things, more convenient. When I travel and take a cab/limo/shuttle, I do not bring a car seat. Most municipalities do not require car seats when a passenger is riding with their child. I think they understand that it's not practical for the driver or perhaps the parent.

Practical for the driver because the parent is trying to find the L.A.T.C.H. or fiddling with the belt. The driver may pull the "flag" and get the time ticking because time is money.

I've always held onto my kid for dear life knowing that a seat would be better, I'm not lugging two Brittex Marathon's for my two kids. When I rent a car, I always ask for a car seat.

In the state of Florida it is the law that you have your child in a carseat in a cab. Shuttle busses are a different story. As for holding your child in your arms during a crash, talk to a physics professor---You're nowhere near strong enough!!!! Don't take a chance! Just my two cents. Bill.

We are bringing our little one on a cruise next year. We're going to buy one of the carseat/stroller contraptions from the skymall catalog. Cost is about 250 bucks; but the convenience is worth it to us. You can see it on skymall.com. Bill

Good for you!

It amazes me the amount of people who will travel with a car seat then will not buy junior a seat on the plane.

How old is your kid - infant style car seat or booster? The booster seats aren't all that hard to carry on with you, and you can check them at the gate instead of checking them or stashing them in carryon space. We brought ours when we went skiing a couple of months ago; if you have a carryon with wheels & a telescopic handle you can probably pull the handle up between the armrests & transport it like that. Alternatively, bring a bungee cord & hook it on with that.

Archived