Just booked Room 9656 on Mariner!

sppunk

Just got back today from the Mariner and we stayed in cabin #9586. You will enjoy being up on deck #9 as the view from your balcony is great.

Happy Cruising............

Tanker

Thank you so much for the reply! Is the balcony big enough to eat dinner on? I am thinking we will not want to mess with meal time a few nights and just lounge around the balcony and eat out there, if there is enough room.

I've never sailed with a balcony before, I'm excited! God knows we'll need that relaxation after the wedding!

Balcony has two chairs and a small round table large enough to hold a room service delivery tray but not big enough to eat dinner on. Your cabin will have a couch with a larger sized (coffee type) table in front of it. We used this for room service breakfast a couple of times. You will love having a balcony cabin. We spent a lot of time on ours and slept with the sliding door open two nights on the cruise back from St. Marteen to Pt. Canaveral so we could listen to the waves from the ship.

The Mariner is awesome and I think you will enjoy it a lot. Any other questions, I'll be glad to try and answer.

Congratulations on your up coming wedding.

Happy Cruising...........

Tanker

I have another question for you guys: I just received a quote for this cruise $540 cheaper, but the category is an E1 balcony, located on the hump on level 6. Is the price difference enough to cancel my earlier reservation and rebook, or is my original room at that higher price a better deal for our honeymoon - we'll want a quiet area with room and the nicest balcony.

Sorry for these questions, just never sailed on a Voyager-class ship, and never with a balcony!

Hump vs. non hump cabins are really a personal preference. For us, we don't care for them as depending on whether you are on the forward or aft portion of the hump, your view is blocked the other way. Also, if you are on the forward portion, you will get a lot of wind on your balcony when the ship is moving. As to the deck you choose, I can't say that it makes a lot of difference except that we like to be further up (decks 8-9-10) area as the higher you go, the better the view.

If you've never sailed on a Voyager class ship, you're in for a treat, especially the Mariner as she is the newest of the class. Also, once you sail in a balcony cabin, you'll never go back to anything else.

Tanker

Archived