Valor or Glory, which one? and why?

motherchic

I am looking at the possibility of cruising this summer on either the Valor or the Glory.

The valor has a "little" better itinerary. But, both are good.

I am new to Carnival. My husband and I will be taking out two teen daughters.

Please, I would appreciate your opinion on which you would choose and why.

Thank you

Mc

We have sailed on the Glory 3 times. We have been east and west with her. I will be sailing on the Valor January 2010 family wedding cruise. The ships are Conquest class ships, so the deck plans will be the same. I would pick the Glory because it sails from Port Canaveral. Much nicer port to sail from. Miami is busy all the time and can't compare to PC. Also there is a rock band Soul Drive that is excellent on board that plays 50's to now music and requests. Park and cruise options are available in Cocoa Beach if you are driving your own car. Good luck, and enjoy your cruise.

I sailed on the Glory and the Valor not too long ago. They are twin ships! Both were beautiful. I would go on either tomorrow if I could. It really depends where you want to go and choice of ports. I traveled to the Western Carribean twice and loved it! Now I want to try the Eastern. Good luck with your decision.

I found that the PC port was very good. We actually flew to Orlando and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites (great place to stay). You could see the ships come in from the hotel. People who drove just parked their cars in the lots provides at the dock area for the week. Now if you stay at the hotel, you can leave your car there and take the shuttle over from the hotel. Check out your options and compare. Have a great time!

I would pick the Valor for the iten. - the western route has so many excellent opportunities for a wide variety of shore excursions (and one more port day)...more of a nature/culture/history lover's trip. Eastern is better for shopping, though, if that is important to you, though GC and Cozumel aren't shabby in that regard.

They are sister ships, so that doesn't play into my analysis.

I do agree with other posters that getting in/out of Miami is more difficult. I would fly in a day early and stay near the port. Then, for the return trip, I would either fly out much later in the afternoon/evening (the lines mid-morning to afternoon at both FLL and MIA can be HORRIBLE because of the number of ships coming into port) or, ideally, spend another night and enjoy Miami.

i havent been on either, sorry, but we are going on the valor in about a month. i actually like sailing out of miami and FLL. i have not done port canaveral yet, but i don't really have a problem with the "crowds" in miami. we take a taxi from the hotel, drop our bags at the curb, and get in line for about ten minutes or so, not that bad. i don't know the glory itinerary, but ours goes to roatan, belize, coz, and cayman.

we've been to coz and cayman and are excited to return. and i hee roatan is a great port, and belize has many options for excursions. so i really like the valor itinerary. and i like sailing from miami, i like to be as far south as i can get when i get on the boat.

Thank you for the replys

and... the invite.

I think I will go with the valor, as I do like the ports. I know my girls will like it as well.

July 12 would be a great date but I am getting a better rate going either going on the 19 or 26th.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise

Mc

Archived