Will Tampa ever get new ships?

tampabrat22

I live in Tampa and am curious if anyone knows if there are any future plans to bring some new ships here?

I know the Legend started sailing out of here not too long ago, we use to have the Miracle. I've sailed on the Inspiration 3 times and recently booked my 4th...I love the ship, it's great, but I would also love to see something new here in my home port! Just curious...

Nothing planned at the moment. The largest ship we can handle is the Spirit Class (Legend) in our port. So we will never get anything larger unless the build the cruise port south of the Skyway.

All Carnivals schedules are set through 2010 at the moment.

Both Royal Caribbean and Holland America sail out of Tampa. However, they are not year round. Just winter- spring season.

I've never taken them because I prefer to sail in the summer (daughter's school vacation).

I have also done Inspiration multiple times. Trying the legend for the first time this summer.:D

I have heard rumors before of the port trying to bring in a 3rd full time ship to Tampa. But the biggest issue with the Port of Tampa, is the size of ship is limited by the Sunshine Skyway.

The only possible solution is to build a facility south of the bay area, mostly in part due to the beaches in Pinellas/Pasco counties.

Port of Manatee could handle a larger ship, but passengers would have to either fly into Tampa still or Sarasota. Not great options really.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I have heard many great things about the Legend and may have to add that to my future list of cruises! I've considered trying the other lines (Royal & Holland) but just havent got to them yet. I usually cruise with a large group so it's always a compromise on when/where, but a few of us are interested in the Legend!

I have heard rumors before of the port trying to bring in a 3rd full time ship to Tampa. But the biggest issue with the Port of Tampa, is the size of ship is limited by the Sunshine Skyway.

The only possible solution is to build a facility south of the bay area, mostly in part due to the beaches in Pinellas/Pasco counties.

Port of Manatee could handle a larger ship, but passengers would have to either fly into Tampa still or Sarasota. Not great options really.

You still have to sail under the Skyway from Port Manatee.......;)

Did that on the Regal Empress......

By the way...The Port of Tampa has approved building (and is funded) another parking garage...So there is probably something in the works to bring in another line or ship. Whether year round or not I don't know. Having another line here doing year round would be great.

I feel the same way about Galveston! We have had the Conquest...(great ship)...for a long time now...and we have sailed it twice. We are actually coming to Tampa this summer...just to do the Legend...because its new to us...but yes, we agree...changing the ships around a bit more...would be great!

I hope Inspiration sticks around for awhile, I really like that ship. I do want to try the Legend out though. Our friends honeymooned on her, and loved it!
Hey buddy....How was you bachelors party ??????:eek:

Why don't you and the new bride join us (Saints and Sinners) on the Legend in October ???????;)

Are you married yet or did your friends on the Inspiration talk you out of it......:p:p

I hope Inspiration sticks around for awhile, I really like that ship. I do want to try the Legend out though. Our friends honeymooned on her, and loved it!

Hey Grady! I have done the Legend, it is a great ship.....her sister ship the Miracle used to go out of tampa, but now out of FTL.

They are great ships......I love how they are laid out.....

Hey buddy....How was you bachelors party ??????:eek:

Why don't you and the new bride join us (Saints and Sinners) on the Legend in October ???????;)

Are you married yet or did your friends on the Inspiration talk you out of it......:p:p

Yep, sealed the deal. :eek: The guys tried their best, but I still showed and tied the knot. The bachelor party was awesome though, I went a "little" overboard with the pre-party in Tampa though. I ended up geting carried back to the hotel room, but I guess its the cost of doing business huh?:D

Hey Grady! I have done the Legend, it is a great ship.....her sister ship the Miracle used to go out of tampa, but now out of FTL.

They are great ships......I love how they are laid out.....

Thats what I keep reading, I think we are gonna enjoy the Spirit in May!

Archived