My Time Dining on RCCL.com Booking Dashboard

chelles24

I called the My Time Dining phone line a few days ago to request my Second Seating dining time be switched to My Time for our upcoming Liberty cruise. (The My Time dining wasn't available at the time of booking so my TA asked me to call them once it was offered.)

Well, Royal Caribbean has billed the prepaid gratuities to the credit card I gave them when I called, but on the booking dashboard on the rccl website under Preferences & Requests it still shows "Dinner Seating: Second Dining Seating, No Waitlists". Should I be concerned I didn't actually get switched over or does this option not show up on the booking dashboard?

Thanks!

I called the My Time Dining phone line a few days ago to request my Second Seating dining time be switched to My Time for our upcoming Liberty cruise. (The My Time dining wasn't available at the time of booking so my TA asked me to call them once it was offered.)

Well, Royal Caribbean has billed the prepaid gratuities to the credit card I gave them when I called, but on the booking dashboard on the rccl website under Preferences & Requests it still shows "Dinner Seating: Second Dining Seating, No Waitlists". Should I be concerned I didn't actually get switched over or does this option not show up on the booking dashboard?

Thanks!

Do you have the number to My Time Dining?

Yes, cin5603, the number I phoned was 1-800-590-6218.

Thanks, canvey, for your response! I'm just so skeptical about this whole My Time Dining situation because the Royal Caribbean website doesn't even list it as ever being available for the Liberty of the Seas. I found that out here on CC it was available beginning 01/17/2009. Then when I asked my TA, I was told it was available. A few days later when I asked my TA to go ahead and switch us to MTD, she told me that RCCL said that it was not longer available on my sailing! So, I phoned the My Time Dining line own my own and booked it! Very confusing and frustrating! :confused: Hopefully now though we are all set! :) We are typically Princess cruisers and really love their anytime dining prefrence and were a little disappointed when we didn't think we could get that same service on RCCL!

Make sure you look down under Special Services. Up at the top of your invoices, it wills till show the regular seating, but under Special Services toward the bottom of the invoice it will show Open Seating Confirmed.

That is the only way you know if it is confirmed for MyTime.

Yes, this is the written confirmation I have.

Marie

Is this an invoice from RCCL or Travel Agent? I received an email back from Crown and Anchor and they wrote the following:

"Due to the limitations of our reservation system, even guests with "My Time Dining" will show as traditional seating time. However, if they have reserved "My Time Dining", that will reflect on their SeaPass card once onboard".

I called the MTD # at 800-590-6218 and they confirmed that my TA reserved MTD for me and my gratuity was pre=paid at the time of MTD booking. However my TA sent me a new invoice but it does not say "special services My Time Dining".

Is this an invoice from RCCL or Travel Agent? I received an email back from Crown and Anchor and they wrote the following:

"Due to the limitations of our reservation system, even guests with "My Time Dining" will show as traditional seating time. However, if they have reserved "My Time Dining", that will reflect on their SeaPass card once onboard".

I called the MTD # at 800-590-6218 and they confirmed that my TA reserved MTD for me and my gratuity was pre=paid at the time of MTD booking. However my TA sent me a new invoice but it does not say "special services My Time Dining".

It was sent by RCI to my TA. My TA then forwarded it on to me. This was just done about 2 weeks ago.

Marie

Make sure you look down under Special Services. Up at the top of your invoices, it wills till show the regular seating, but under Special Services toward the bottom of the invoice it will show Open Seating Confirmed.

That is the only way you know if it is confirmed for MyTime.

This is what my confirm has on it as well............... I just don't understand the problem with their Systems group. Everything about their programming seems to be lacking. MTD has been planned for a long time and there was plenty of time to upgrade the Booking Dashboard. Obviously, they're spending their money on new ships, not user friendly system upgrades!

Just got a call from Royal Caribbean since my cruise is this weekend. Even though I have written confirmation that I am signed up for MTD, their computer system does not acknowlege this until May. THEREFORE, I must go to the MTD table once onboard and sign up. I am not a happy camper. I really dislike having to "take care of business" upon boarding. I let her know I was not happy, but, oh well. Evidently, everyone will have to do the same thing until May. Of course, this remains to be seen since there is no consistency with corporate!

Edited to say that it is interesting how they made sure they got their gratuities upfront since I am signed up for MTD. However, I am really not signed up, am I!! We tip whether we go to the dining room or not, so that is not the issue. I am just irritated. Next up will be dealing with being doubled charge. Sorry for the rant, just am irritated. My TA and I have both wasted time on this issue.

Marie

Just got a call from Royal Caribbean since my cruise is this weekend. Even though I have written confirmation that I am signed up for MTD, their computer system does not acknowlege this until May. THEREFORE, I must go to the MTD table once onboard and sign up. I am not a happy camper. I really dislike having to "take care of business" upon boarding. I let her know I was not happy, but, oh well. Evidently, everyone will have to do the same thing until May. Of course, this remains to be seen since there is no consistency with corporate!

Edited to say that it is interesting how they made sure they got their gratuities upfront since I am signed up for MTD. However, I am really not signed up, am I!! We tip whether we go to the dining room or not, so that is not the issue. I am just irritated. Next up will be dealing with being doubled charge. Sorry for the rant, just am irritated. My TA and I have both wasted time on this issue.

Marie

I totally agree with you! It is frustrating. I emailed my TA last night and he printed a new invoice and it now says "open dining". Open Seating department did confirm that I am signed up for MTD according to their rep when she checked my confirmation, however you still need to sign up at the MTD table once you board. Supposedly that table is also available the next day. We will see.

I have decided to not worry about it anymore. It will all work out!

We just booked Liberty for this June! I haven't been on the CC boards for some time.

Can someone give me the short version of how MTD is supposed to work? It seems it is suppossed to replicate NCL's "Freestyle" plan. We've been on 10+ cruises and find ourselves making the dining room only about half the time. Instead, we find ourselves using the specialty restaurants, or we are having too much "fun" :D to eat dinner and wind up just grabbing pizza or something late.

Thanks for your help!

We just booked Liberty for this June! I haven't been on the CC boards for some time.

Can someone give me the short version of how MTD is supposed to work? It seems it is suppossed to replicate NCL's "Freestyle" plan. We've been on 10+ cruises and find ourselves making the dining room only about half the time. Instead, we find ourselves using the specialty restaurants, or we are having too much "fun" :D to eat dinner and wind up just grabbing pizza or something late.

Thanks for your help!

My Time Dining is closer to Princess Any Time dining. You show up anytime between 6:30 (might be 6pm) and 9 to eat. Or you can make a reservation for a specific time if you want to. You must prepay your gratuities to use My Time Dining. For your situation, it sounds like it would be a great option.

My Time Dining is closer to Princess Any Time dining. You show up anytime between 6:30 (might be 6pm) and 9 to eat. Or you can make a reservation for a specific time if you want to. You must prepay your gratuities to use My Time Dining. For your situation, it sounds like it would be a great option.
Thanks for your reply! So, it's just an area of the main dining room set aside and they just fill tables as people arrive?? Is this correct??

Archived