Are there any resorts that are free anymore?

Brenda33

The last time I was in Nassau I went to the Wyndham and I took the Jitney and I walked right through the hotel onto the beach and paid nothing. I used the pool, slide, chairs and beach. I bought drinks from the outside bar area. I understand you have to pay $40 per person now to do this same thing. I was wondering if there are any free or almost free places to go anymore in Nassau to have this type of experience?

Thanks for any info.....oh, and we will be there in June.

The last time I was in Nassau I went to the Wyndham and I took the Jitney and I walked right through the hotel onto the beach and paid nothing. I used the pool, slide, chairs and beach. I bought drinks from the outside bar area. I understand you have to pay $40 per person now to do this same thing. I was wondering if there are any free or almost free places to go anymore in Nassau to have this type of experience?

Thanks for any info.....oh, and we will be there in June.

Not that I know of.. All of the resorts now charge for a day pass.

Wyndham is $40pp and includes lunch

Sheraton has a day room for $99

British Colonial is $20pp/$10 kids

Breezes is $60 - all inclusive - no kids under 14 (18 during spring break)

RUI is $80 all inclusive

Sandals is $110 pp all inclusive if you do the tour.

Paradise Island Harbour Resort runs around $60 - 90 - all inclusive

Ocean Club does not allow day guests

Atlantis is $105 for a day pass.

Of course, there are public beaches, some with restrooms, most without.

Paradise Island's Cabbage Beach - chair rental, no restrooms, locals selling rum drinks.

Western Esplanade (lighthouse beach) - Chair rental - restrooms are sometimes available.

Goodman's Bay - no amenities, uncertain waters

Saunders Beach - no amenities - mostly rocky and rough waters

Montegue Beach - no amenities -lots of seaweed.

Thanks so much. What else can you tell me about Breezes? Is it near the Wyndham? All inclusive means food and drink? Can you just show up at the front desk or do you have to have a pre-planned reservation? Do you think Breezes or the Wyndham is better?

Thanks so much. What else can you tell me about Breezes? Is it near the Wyndham? All inclusive means food and drink? Can you just show up at the front desk or do you have to have a pre-planned reservation? Do you think Breezes or the Wyndham is better?

Breezes is all inclusive food and booze as well as activities.

The $60 pass is available at the front desk - based on capacity (it's usually available). There's a coupon in most of the tour books available at Festival Place. Maps, Tourist News, What to do book etc. It's $10 off per couple. ($5pp) Evening Pass is $70pp (coupon can be used for this as well)

Breezes is located on cable Beach, just east of Wyndham. The #10 jitney will get you there and back ($1.25 each way). After 6 you'll need a cab.

I think the pass is good until 5 or 6 pm ..

local number 232 327 6153

Archived