Recent Paradise Island AI resort reviews???

KruznKel

I posted this on another thread.. but it doesn't seem to be getting any response.. so let me ask the question again..

The last reviews I have read were from awhile ago.. and someone stated that the resort was ready for the wrecking ball.. anyone been there recently have anything to add :confused:

I posted this on another thread.. but it doesn't seem to be getting any response.. so let me ask the question again..

The last reviews I have read were from awhile ago.. and someone stated that the resort was ready for the wrecking ball.. anyone been there recently have anything to add :confused:

If you're thinking of doing the day pass.. here's what you will find.

The Hotel itself has seen better days.. it's from back in the early 70's and hasn't seen a major face lift. But the hotel itself is not an issue if you are doing the day pass.

The hotel is NOT on the beach .. it's on the harbour, and there is a very small cove created by a steal mesh "cage" surrounding the beach. (there's a wooden walkway above. This mesh picks up all the debris from the harbour. There is relatively no beach, and no water to swim in. Low tide leaves only a few feet of water in the cove.

The chaise are filthy dirty and your towel sticks to the muck. They generally run out of towels early in the day.. this can be a problem.

The pool is pretty nice for an older hotel. But it's not cleaned throughly and often has debris, and slim floating on the top and a sandy bottom. There are pieces of the tile that are broken and you can cut yourself.. so you'll need to be careful.

The HOT TUB should be shut down by the board of health. Slim and brown foam are the norm. Still people go in it.. I get the chills just thinking about it.

Food. The Buffet is pretty much what you find at Country Kitchen or any of those side of the highway places in the US. Fine when it first comes out, but if you miss it when it fresh.. you're out of luck. it doesn't get refreshed, and it will sit luke warm til they haul it away. I'm sure you'll see it all again the next day.

Outdoor Bar and Grill - attentive staff, decent bar food. Best bet for eating.

Liqour is not name brand.. only local stuff and local beer as well.

Entertainment during the day is piped in music, one day a guy shows you how to open and eat a raw conch, pretty lame. I guess it's entertaining once you are drunk.

If all you want is to sit in the sun and drink no-name drinks.. then go for it. If you are looking for a clean beachfront resort with decent food and drink.. look elsewhere

If you're thinking of doing the day pass.. here's what you will find.

The Hotel itself has seen better days.. it's from back in the early 70's and hasn't seen a major face lift. But the hotel itself is not an issue if you are doing the day pass.

The hotel is NOT on the beach .. it's on the harbour, and there is a very small cove created by a steal mesh "cage" surrounding the beach. (there's a wooden walkway above. This mesh picks up all the debris from the harbour. There is relatively no beach, and no water to swim in. Low tide leaves only a few feet of water in the cove.

The chaise are filthy dirty and your towel sticks to the muck. They generally run out of towels early in the day.. this can be a problem.

The pool is pretty nice for an older hotel. But it's not cleaned throughly and often has debris, and slim floating on the top and a sandy bottom. There are pieces of the tile that are broken and you can cut yourself.. so you'll need to be careful.

The HOT TUB should be shut down by the board of health. Slim and brown foam are the norm. Still people go in it.. I get the chills just thinking about it.

Food. The Buffet is pretty much what you find at Country Kitchen or any of those side of the highway places in the US. Fine when it first comes out, but if you miss it when it fresh.. you're out of luck. it doesn't get refreshed, and it will sit luke warm til they haul it away. I'm sure you'll see it all again the next day.

Outdoor Bar and Grill - attentive staff, decent bar food. Best bet for eating.

Liqour is not name brand.. only local stuff and local beer as well.

Entertainment during the day is piped in music, one day a guy shows you how to open and eat a raw conch, pretty lame. I guess it's entertaining once you are drunk.

If all you want is to sit in the sun and drink no-name drinks.. then go for it. If you are looking for a clean beachfront resort with decent food and drink.. look elsewhere

Thanks so much.. I guess Breezes it will be;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to disagree with Scubagirl on this. I was at the Paradise Island Harbour Resort last week on a day pass. After reading her past reviews I thought I had made a mistake booking this day pass. I contacted the company I booked through and let them know of my concerns. They assured me the place was nice and told me to look at the facility before paying the balance. If we did not like it they would refund our deposit in full. They gave me this in writing. A few days later a manager contacted me to tell me she was going to the resort to do an inspection because she was reading the bad reveiws from Scubagirl. After her inspection she assured me it was fine and we agreed to keep our plans as scheduled.

We went to the resort on Feb. 24, 2009. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient, the lobby was clean, the pool was very nice and very clean (did not see any broken tiles), the hot tub was clear and hot (no film or filth), the chairs were NOT sticky or dirty as stated, the beach area was small, but it was clean of debris, the water was deep enough (they had floats to sit on) and the pool bar area was fine as well. As far as the beach being on the harbour, well the name of the resort is the Paradise Island Harbour Resort so that made sense to me. We paid $50 per person for an all inclusive day. Food, drinks, etc were all fine. As far as the beer goes - I drink Miller Lite and they had it on tap and it was nice and cold. I do have pictures that I can post (if I can figure out how do to that!)

During the day they had volleyball, horseshoes and beach blanket bingo.

If you have any questions about the resort please let me know.

Kris (posting under my mom's name Chuckie)

Archived