Board Newbie Question

warmwinds

I've only been posting here a short while and I have a question...at the top of all the columns (not looking at it right now so I hope I have this right) there is "Topic Starter" "Replies" and "Views"...I understand the first two, but what does "Views" mean, and why is it usually such a large number? Thanks. And is there any way to set the board up so you only see UNREAD posts on a topic? On long ones I go straight to the end then backtrack to find where I left off - is there a better way?

The number of times your post has been "viewed" but not responded to...had I not posted this reply choosing to only read your post would have resulted in a "view".

Welcome aboard...

Dan

Century X1,Galaxy X2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith Oct/04 (hoping!!)
Century Feb/05

Sorry, but there is no way to sort the responses. We're limited to a linear view - oldest first. Welcome and enjoy.

-Rich

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;8;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
'til I'm back on Galaxy

warmwinds - Welcome to the boards! In case you didn't know, you can click on the last posters name on the page that lists all the topics in order to reach the end of the postings. You will find the last poster's name on the far right of the line of the topic you wish to view. This will enable you to skip right to the end of all the posts instead of scrolling through all of them. It's a great time saver, especially if you have tow pages to go through!

-----------------
"When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way."

Archived