Just back from Elation new 4 nt itin...

SuzanneH

Everyone on this board had been so incredibly helpful before we left, now I would like to repay the favor it at all possible. Anyone have questions about the Elation? Ask away, and I will do my very, very best to answer them. THANKS! -Suz.

What was your itinerary for this cruise? Just curious :cool:

New for the Elation, anyway. Supposed to be: Catalina Island, Ensenada, and then Day at Sea. The Elation crew said this was the first week they have done this schedule. Ours turned out to be a little different, but it worked out well- the day we were supposed to dock at Catalina Island (a tender port) there were high winds and rain, so instead they shifted everything a day and sailed farther south until they found sun for us and we did the day at sea the first day. I was impressed that they didn't just cancel the port, but can only imagine what it did for the tour operators -- having everything shifted to a different day!

Well the itinerary is not actually new. It is the same itinerary as the Paradise.......Ensenada and Catalina........

Sorry- should have said new to the Elation. Personally I would have preferred to go on the 5 nt to Cabo, but this is what was offered when I had vacation time.

Sorry- should have said new to the Elation. Personally I would have preferred to go on the 5 nt to Cabo, but this is what was offered when I had vacation time.

I also have read though that Carnival is not offering the 5 night anymore. :mad:

Sailing on the Elation this Sunday for the 4 night.. couple of questions, when was formal night, and how were the liqour prices in the Duty free shop :-)

The formal night was the second night (normally Catalina Island day) and not sure about the liquor prices-- I looked at them but didn't have much to compare to. I am more of a bar drinker, myself :p. Sorry!

I really liked the 5 night sailing, but will do the 4 night now as a cheap alternative. Hopefully, they will bring it back!

I truly hope so as well!! I would have loved to go back to Cabo..... fun times!! Hopefully now that the fuel prices have gone down so much maybe they will reconsider :rolleyes:.

New for the Elation, anyway. Supposed to be: Catalina Island, Ensenada, and then Day at Sea. The Elation crew said this was the first week they have done this schedule. Ours turned out to be a little different, but it worked out well- the day we were supposed to dock at Catalina Island (a tender port) there were high winds and rain, so instead they shifted everything a day and sailed farther south until they found sun for us and we did the day at sea the first day. I was impressed that they didn't just cancel the port, but can only imagine what it did for the tour operators -- having everything shifted to a different day!

Thanks for answering me! I posted that question before I looked so it was a "Duh!!" moment for me :o

Sailing on the Elation this Sunday for the 4 night.. couple of questions, when was formal night, and how were the liqour prices in the Duty free shop :-)

My cousin knows the prices of liquor and said the prices on the Elation were very good and she bought a few bottles. There was a huge line the last night so the prices must have been good!

Jen in SoCal

Everyone on this board had been so incredibly helpful before we left, now I would like to repay the favor it at all possible. Anyone have questions about the Elation? Ask away, and I will do my very, very best to answer them. THANKS! -Suz.

Suz:

I see that you also sailed on Monarch. I have sailed Monarch several times and I am trying Carnival for the first time.

Would you provide some general comparisons between the two ships and lines. What is better on one line verses the other.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Debbi

I don't know,but read this thread.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=928449&highlight=elation

What wonderful news!!!!! If Carnival doesn't smarten up real quick and get the Elation back to Cabo, I won't be alone in going to the other line and booking the Radiance. Whoever decided to have the Elation go to Catalina instead of Cabo should be looking for new work.

Archived