Still going granny !

coffeecruiser14

htgranny here. Still going at 87 and enjoying it all. Leaving 3/7/09 on Zaandam for round trip Hawaii. Just wondering if there might be any others like me. Using scooter but haven't gotten any speeding tickets yet !!

You go girl !!!!

There is a Roll Cal for your cruise.....others who are on your sailing.

Here is a link for the Roll Call section here on CC for your specific cruise. Why not go read posts from other CC'ers and let them know you are coming.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=867419

Hope you have a wonderful time.

htgranny here. Still going at 87 and enjoying it all. Leaving 3/7/09 on Zaandam for round trip Hawaii. Just wondering if there might be any others like me. Using scooter but haven't gotten any speeding tickets yet !!

Hey Speed Racer!

You're going to love the Zaandam and most especially the sea days 'there and back again' on your trip to Hawaii.

On our trip, there were at least 3-4 other people on scooters so I wouldn't be surprised to see you have someone else 'wheeling around' too on your trip. :D

Wish we were going again too, but we're leaving on the Ryndam 2 days before your Zaandam cruise.

Aloha!

You go, girl! Have a wonderful cruise. I only wish I was joining you.

Smooth seas and blue skies! Enjoy your cruise!

--rita

Have the most wonderful cruise ! beep beep:)

You know, its WONDERFUL ladies like you that give me hope for my future. :p I'm 36 and sometimes I feel like I just ain't going to make it. Then someone like you comes along, full of life and enjoying it and it really lifts my spirits. :D Have a great cruise and thanks!

My mom just turned 87 and she and I will be leaving on a cruise in about 10 days. She discovered cruising when she was 84, and she loves it. This will be her fourth cruise. I was so proud of her two years ago when we had to board the tenders in very rough waters at the end of a shore excursion. The weather turned bad while we were ashore, and the winds, rain and waves made it very difficult to step onto the tenders. Many people much younger than her had great difficulty boarding, and some even went down the stairs on their rear ends. My mom just grabbed the hand on the handsome young officer assisting with boarding, told him how much she enjoyed cruising with good looking men such as him, and walked to her seat on the tender with a smile on her face. Same thing when we left the tender and climbed up to the ship.

The Zaandam was her first cruise ship and will always be a favourite. Would love to do the Hawaii cruise but not sure about the cross-country flight.

You keep going, Granny. I'm sure you will have a great cruise! Come back and tell us all about it.

Archived