220 outlet question on Spirit

pappagene

On the inside cabins, where is the 220v outlet located in relation to the beds? My wife & I are both on CPAP equipment and they can operate on the 220v. I was going to use that instead of laying extension cords all over the room. Having traveled in Asia alot, I have all of the converters needed. Also, does anyone remember the configuration of the outlet? I just like to be ready for whatever.

Thanks

Gene

The only outlets in the cabin are at the desk, but that's if you're in a regular inside or oceanview cabin, so you will need an extension cord. If you're in a different category, you'll need to post that so someone who's been in those can help.

We are in an inside (I) category. I know that they have 220v outlets in the rooms because of the Asian design of the ship for the star lines. Just wanted to know if they are close to the head of the beds. I didn't want to use the 110v outlets unless I needed to.

You will need an extension cord, say about 8 feet to play it safe, for either 110 or 220, the outlets are across the cabin from the bed and night stand. The CPAP machine does not use lots of watts, I would use the 110 American outlet.

The only American appliance I would use the 220 for is for a hair dryer, preferably a dual voltage hair dryer. Hair dryers uses too many watts for the 110 outlet on the Spirit, only because of the narrow wire gauge used in Asia for wiring the built for 220...

You will need an extension cord, say about 8 feet to play it safe, for either 110 or 220, the outlets are across the cabin from the bed and night stand. The CPAP machine does not use lots of watts, I would use the 110 American outlet.

The only American appliance I would use the 220 for is for a hair dryer, preferably a dual voltage hair dryer. Hair dryers uses too many watts for the 110 outlet on the Spirit, only because of the narrow wire gauge used in Asia for wiring the built for 220...

I didn't want to tie up the 110v line with these units if I didn't have to. I have better uses for the 110v lines like charging batteries, mp3 players, cell phones & other important things.

The CPAP is made to run on all types of voltage. We used them in China straight off of the 220v outlets with just the prong converter. Did a great job. It did better than my battery charger which takes a 220v->110v transformer. Some idiot plugged it into the wrong outlet by accident and pop went the charger in a puff of smoke. Oh well, I had to buy a new charger when I got back to the states. Funny thing was that this was the 3rd unit I had to replace!!!! You would think someone in my family would learn not to plug 110v items into 220v outlets. I am a slow learner.

Gene

Archived