Questions about Enchantment from Diamond Member

Sailfish

We are not new to Royal Caribbean, but have not cruised with the line for a few years. It looks like we will be in Florida on business this summer, so we are thinking about a cruise on the Enchantment.

We sailed on the 7 night Enchantment when it was brand new; now we are looking at cruising again on her for five nights. We are Diamond members, and was wondering if they ever put a Concierge Lounge on the ship? Also, some feedback on the ship would be much appreciated.

How is the food and service these days? What are Captain's Formal nights like? We have been cruising more with Princess these last few years, and really enjoy the line. Never had major issues with Royal Caribbean, just needed a change.

We can't devote an entire week to a cruise, so a five night itinerary looks good to us.

Thanks.

We are not new to Royal Caribbean, but have not cruised with the line for a few years. It looks like we will be in Florida on business this summer, so we are thinking about a cruise on the Enchantment.

We sailed on the 7 night Enchantment when it was brand new; now we are looking at cruising again on her for five nights. We are Diamond members, and was wondering if they ever put a Concierge Lounge on the ship? Also, some feedback on the ship would be much appreciated.

How is the food and service these days? What are Captain's Formal nights like? We have been cruising more with Princess these last few years, and really enjoy the line. Never had major issues with Royal Caribbean, just needed a change.

We can't devote an entire week to a cruise, so a five night itinerary looks good to us.

Thanks.

Yes there is a CL.....i wasn't diamond at the time so i didn't get to use it...

It is a nice ship with a nice crew (for the most part...)...our dining room staff was super-the best we've had....our issue was the noise in our cabin...the Aft JS was over the karaoke bar....

The formal nights you will see a wide variety of attire...only 1 is the "captain's gala" (i think there is only 1 on a 5 nighter but i forget) but more people were nicely dressed....

I have photos if you click the link below...

They added a concierge lounge when they stretched her in 2005, they also added Chops (specialty restaurant).

A friend was just on Enchantment a few weeks ago and posted her review here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=929264&highlight=fran+enchantment. She was on the Southern Caribbean itinerary out of Colon, Panama so some things will be different for your cruise, but basics about the ship, crew, etc will remain the same.

We were on a B2B 4 & 5 night in August. They definitely have a CL (and will open a satellite if needed). The lounge is very nice. One thing to realize is that this ship has had a dramatic change in staff (used as an immersion cruise this winter), so can't speak to the 'current' group. Will say, we would have no fear of sailing Enchantment again!!! ;)

Bruce

It is a nice ship with a nice crew (for the most part...)...our dining room staff was super-the best we've had....our issue was the noise in our cabin...the Aft JS was over the karaoke bar....

QUOTE]

What cabin were you in?

We were on a B2B 4 & 5 night in August. They definitely have a CL (and will open a satellite if needed). The lounge is very nice. One thing to realize is that this ship has had a dramatic change in staff (used as an immersion cruise this winter), so can't speak to the 'current' group. Will say, we would have no fear of sailing Enchantment again!!! ;)

Bruce

Have they made changes to the dinner menu is a good way? The last time we did a cruise on RCCL a few years ago, the food had gone from excellent to good - to borderline okay. Family style meals - like a large bowl of salad on the table at dinner - was kind of the norm on some nights. I like choice, and don't like it when everyone is served the same dessert.

What's your impression?

Have they made changes to the dinner menu is a good way? The last time we did a cruise on RCCL a few years ago, the food had gone from excellent to good - to borderline okay. Family style meals - like a large bowl of salad on the table at dinner - was kind of the norm on some nights. I like choice, and don't like it when everyone is served the same dessert.

What's your impression?

Well, we did NOT receive "Family style meals" in the MDR. You order what you want, be it salad or dessert!!! Do believe we did arrive to a 'salad bowl' one night, but you still were able to order other items. Not what we could call 'excellent' food, but never had a 'bad' meal. Good service w/ good selection, never a problem finding 'something' we enjoyed.

Food is VERY subjective, but........;) Believe each line has/is making changes to 'survive' (and yes there have been changes made over the years), however we are NOT the doom & gloom group........ While will be the first to let you know about the changes, the menu we have experienced in '08 is not bad. Remember this is partially dependent upon the chef and his talents!!! It does vary some ship to ship.

Bruce

QUOTE]

What cabin were you in?

7170....i heard that you CAN'T hear it in the corner cabins....but then again, who knows......it was very loud...all you could really hear was the thumping bass! and there was a lot of vibration back there as well..not really up and down or side to side motion, but a shaking....sometimes it was so strong that the drawers opened!

we were on a B2B...and we were able to move to another JS up on deck 8 that was better...at least we only heard a little noise from above (it was under the pool area...but all we heard was the occasions dragging of chairs.....and it wasn't late!)

The concierge lounge which was added to the Enchantment a few years ago when the ship was stretched, is IMHO, one of the nicest in the fleet and when Julian is the concierge he attracts standing room only crowds some evenings.

:)

Archived