Enchantment with young children

2910car

We are going on a family cruise in June with us (grandparents) our children and their spouses and 6 grandchildren ages 2-7. We are trying to decide between 4 night NCL Sky and and 5 night RCCL Enchantment of the Seas. I will post this same question on NCL board. I really could use some opinions from anyone who has sailed on eithr ship with young children. Thank you.

Well, 5 nights is always better than 4 nights. ;):D

On one hand, I think Adventure Ocean is a better children's program than NCL Kid Crew. And the Enchantment has an infant splash area for non-potty trained tots. So if the 2 year old isn't potty trained then he/she can still go into the splash pool.

On the flip side, NCL Kids Crew starts at 2 and does accept kids in diapers (the parents will be paged when the diaper needs to be changed).

Overall though, the service is better on Royal Caribbean.

Enchantment was our first cruise with DD last July when she was 5 1/2.

We loved it. The kids club was great. When she was a little sad because her friends left late-night babysitting earlier than expected they just paged us and we came to get her. She was torn on formal night between wanting to dress like a princess and wanting to do kids club activities. We worked it out so she could do everything. Really can't say enough good things about the ship and her crew.:)

FYI, my daughter is an only child who is extremely attached to her parents yet she was more than happy to ditch us for Adventure Ocean.

Archived