Had fab time on the Celebration

We got back last night from the colourful coasts cruise on the celebration. It was our first cruise and we loved it ! Our 2 children really enjoyed it too especially as being half term there were lots of other children on board-115 so lots of new friends.

The only place we didnt like was Agadir the port is horrible and even the captain was making jokes about how awful it was so we stayed on the ship.

The food was fantastic, the staff very friendly and the sea wasnt too rough.

If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer.

Hi Pebble,

How old are ur kids and what kind of facilities/clubs do they run for them? My 9 yr old loved the kids club on Ocean Village and they kept them busy all day and night!

Also, what are the mealtimes for kids, on OV she could eat earlier and then go in the club while we ate dinner, like most kids she doesnt like to sit for a long boring dinner with us so OV was great for that.

Hi

My kids are 5 and 9. the kids club is in 3 ages, 3-5 years, 5-8 years and 9 to 12. I think they usually put them all together but as it was half term and loads of kids were on board they usually split the 3-8s from the 9-12s. They usually had 3 sessions a day say 10-12 for all, then 2-3.30 for the little ones and 3.30-5 for the older ones then 7-8.30 for the little ones and 8.30 for the older ones. Sometimes they picked them up from the cabin at 8.30 for breakfast too.They did bowling, watched films,found things round the ship, parties etc my 2 really enjoyed it.

My 9 year old wanted to eat with us but my 5 year old didnt so we often fed him first then ate in the Meridian while he was at kids club it worked really well for us. The lido is open for dinner from 5.30 I think or the outside grill is open till 7 so he ate there.

Hope that helps.

We got back last night from the colourful coasts cruise on the celebration. It was our first cruise and we loved it ! Our 2 children really enjoyed it too especially as being half term there were lots of other children on board-115 so lots of new friends.

The only place we didnt like was Agadir the port is horrible and even the captain was making jokes about how awful it was so we stayed on the ship.

The food was fantastic, the staff very friendly and the sea wasnt too rough.

If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer.

Thanks for the information Pebble, we are doing the same cruise on the 6th March and really looking forward to it. Yes we have been reading about Agadir, the wife was just saying the same thing. I think we will spend the day on board as well.

We'll be aboard on the 6th too:D and really looking forward to Agadir, there must be SOME good points about it???? I think the beach there is meant to be fab?????

We were told that a port in Guatamala was awful when we were in the Carribean, but we had a fab time with the locals at their market

Don't know about the beach, but we did the half-day trip to Taroundannt (sp?) - known as 'little Marakkesh' (sp? - again!) and really enjoyed it. We prefer a DIY approach to destinations in the main but in this instance decided we'd feel more comfortable with an organised ship's trip. This was our first visit to Morocco so we found it very interesting to see something of the culture and country but didn't feel confident about going off on our own.

The hour plus journey with the Atlas Mountains in view was interesting and included a stop to see the tree climbing goats (an photo opportunity) and a refreshment stop for freshly squeezed orange juice or sweet mint tea (we liked it despite usually taking tea without sugar - 'when in Rome'!).

Taroundant was very interesting but as already said, you are subject to pestering. We stayed close to our guide - but be wary of the souk where tourists are subject to 'cons'. Don't wander off with supposedly well meaning locals to 'find your guide'. We've been told of tourists being deliberately 'lost' by locals who then charge to take you back to where you were!! Also, there are tales of taxi drivers charging a pittance to take you somewhere then effectively holding you to ransom by charging extortionate sums to return you to the dock! But caution to one side, we would have been sorry not to have experienced something at this port of call. Doing a ship's trip seemed to be the best option for us and we did enjoy it.

To be honest I dont know why they go to Agadir must be just cheap for them or something. I would have gone on an organised tour but none of them appealed to us especially with having children and we didnt feel confident taking a taxi. When the cruise news advised the public loos were of a low standard then with the captain joking about Agadir put me right off !

The Chief Engineer told us they only stop at Agadir for something to do with tax reasons. We also stayed on board at this port but were told by some friends they had a fab time at the beach which is a short taxi ride away costing them about 10euros, they didnt get any hassle and the taxi driver insisted they only pay him when he had returned them to the ship.

We had a great time onboard, the service is excellent and the staff are so friendly, our waiter Michael C in liberties was great. The entertainment team are good fun and will sit with you and have a drink and a chat,you cant miss Jenny with her infectious laugh.

The highlight for me was being invited to the Captains table for dinner on my 40th birthday, really made it all the more special.

To be honest I dont know why they go to Agadir must be just cheap for them or something. I would have gone on an organised tour but none of them appealed to us especially with having children and we didnt feel confident taking a taxi. When the cruise news advised the public loos were of a low standard then with the captain joking about Agadir put me right off !

I was told that they go to morroco so they can pump out the toilet tanks so if you go down the beach watch out for floaters .

Archived