Royal Champions Vereses the rest of us

alexkrn46

Apples to oranges. If you asked a cop about another cop do you think he'd admit the first cop might be wrong, Nah it's their brotherhood. If you asked a Dr. if another Dr. made a mistake he probably wouldn't tell you either. AS an RC it is like that, a representative of RCL and some will not be honest if it's critical for fear of not being invited to the next inaugural. It's an influencing factor where as what you do for a living probably isn't. Other factors you mention about who your family work for and such don't matter either unless it's for a cruise company in which case it has some bearing.

I can only conclude from your post that you believe that everyone lacks the integrity needed to state what they truly believe if there might be a less than optimal consequence. It is unfortunate that that you believe that the fear of not being invited to an inaugural would cause someone to refrain from posting anything that might be considered critical of RCI. Perhaps you would, and that should tell you something, but please don't attribute any base motives that you might have, to anyone else.:mad:

I don't care if you are an RC, a D+, have a gazillion cruise credits, drive a Mercedes Benz or are a millionaire...................you are all human beings and equal to me. I will give you all the same respect that I would hope you will return to me.

I agree on some level Patti but let me use you as an example. I know from reading cc posts that you always have your facts straight and never post bull crap. That can not be said for all posters. Some shoot from the hip and say what they think might be true instead of researching the facts or not posting if they don't know the answer. I believe I've even posted asking you specifically to answer a question, which you kindly did.

Now, if I found out you were getting reimbursed in some way for offering this advise (use being invited to a pre-inugural cruise that is normally reserved for TA's or D+ members as an example) I might take your information with a grain of salt in the future. I would look at your information more like I do my TA rather than a totally unbiased fellow-cruiser who is in the same position I am in when looking for the best place to spend their cruise dollars.

That doesn't mean I think less of you as a human being or that I respect you less.

This is the best post I've read because I agree. It's advantageous to know where someone's coming from so having RC in their signature would let us know quite a lot.

I can't imagine disliking any RC because they were picked by RCL, it's not their fault they were picked. It's like shooting the messenger for the message. They do need to state their affiliation as an Royal Champ so we decide if their point of view may be shaded in favor of RCL.

I don't have room to put RC in my signature. It's too full of bragging about all the cruises I've been on and have coming up.:p

I agree on some level Patti but let me use you as an example. I know from reading cc posts that you always have your facts straight and never post bull crap. That can not be said for all posters. Some shoot from the hip and say what they think might be true instead of researching the facts or not posting if they don't know the answer. I believe I've even posted asking you specifically to answer a question, which you kindly did.

Now, if I found out you were getting reimbursed in some way for offering this advise (use being invited to a pre-inugural cruise that is normally reserved for TA's or D+ members as an example) I might take your information with a grain of salt in the future. I would look at your information more like I do my TA rather than a totally unbiased fellow-cruiser who is in the same position I am in when looking for the best place to spend their cruise dollars.

That doesn't mean I think less of you as a human being or that I respect you less.

Bingo!

Apples to oranges. If you asked a cop about another cop do you think he'd admit the first cop might be wrong, Nah it's their brotherhood. If you asked a Dr. if another Dr. made a mistake he probably wouldn't tell you either. AS an RC it is like that, a representative of RCL and some will not be honest if it's critical for fear of not being invited to the next inaugural. It's an influencing factor where as what you do for a living probably isn't. Other factors you mention about who your family work for and such don't matter either unless it's for a cruise company in which case it has some bearing.

Ye thinks you speak for many but alas, you only speak for,well er ONE.

Before Laura .....or someone else that has the power of God.....on this board.........takes this down, I just have a couple of things to say.

One...........those of us that have been picked by RCL........to be named Royal Champions..............whether it be the original members.........that call themselves "charter" and very appropriately so..........or the rest of us that.........within the past few months.........have been asked by RCL to become Royal Champions.............I strongly believe........have not been swayed by Royal Caribbean.........to look at anything ..........any differently that we have already looked.

Two............this is not a compitition...........of those that RCL asked to be a member of something............vs those that.......so far......have not been asked to join. For those that have not been asked to join.........if you want to be very nasty about your feelings...........you may never be asked to join.

We seriously do not know why we have been asked to join. And for those of you that ...........so far......have not been asked to join........if you were asked............would that change your opinion of those of us that have been asked to join.

Would you accept.......and join us............or would you be so upset that you were not asked to join, in the beginning, that you would "just say NO!"

So........what say you.......that so far......have not been asked to join??

PS........I know a couple of you that I'm very surprised have not been invited. I also know a few of my friends that know others that they feel should be invited.

If I were ever asked for a list.............I know who I would recommend.

Rick

Let the flames burn eternally!!

Archived