Departing from San Diego

Spanky My

is there a store close to the pier to buy sodas and stuff to take on the ship? Thanks in advance for your response....Spanky

Yes, there is a Rite-Aid that is just 2 blocks behind the Holiday Inn on the Bay, at the corner of Ash and Kettner. We bought our pop there, but my husband had to wait till 10:00 a.m. to buy "stuff", as they don't sell it till then. You can even see the location on Google Earth. Have a great time!

Chris

for the reply....Just Like to pick up a few items for the cabin like Diet Dr Pepper as the ships normally do not have them and the (wife) maybe a bottle of wine. So in walking time how long to get to rite-aid? We plan on checking in and then going back off to retrieve a item or two as we will have some time prior to sailing as the ship(ryndam) does not leave until 5:00PM... Thanks again...Spanky

The Rite-Aid is about a 5 to 10 minute walk from the cruise terminal.

We did the round trip in 35 minutes. I wouldn't leave the ship later than 3 pm, as you have to be back for the Muster Drill by 4:00 pm (or is it 4:15 pm?).

Out the gate, turn left, along the shore walkway, cross at the light, up to two blocks.

This is a good all-purpose store with very reasonably priced wine. Staff is very used to the cruise ship traffic and very pleasant.

Have a great shopping expedition and a fabulous cruise.

We, too, used the Rite Aid last October and it seemed to have much more diversified items than our Rite Aids at home. We were able to purchase a case of bottled water, 12-packs of sodas, and some unexpected needs like band-aids and epsom salts. (An ex-Girl Scout, I like to be prepared....lol...)

Archived