Transportation from Sea Tac Airport to Pier 91

WebStir4

This coming season will be the first sailing from pier 91 (for the ships that sailed out of pier 30 before) and could be a little confusing at the start of the season and that is only a few months away.

You are doing the right thing asking early. Check with the person you booked with, they should know about the new pier and how to get there.

Also ask your cruise line about a transfer but sometimes they are only good if you fly in the same day as the cruise.

There are alot of different ways to get there check them out and see what one fits your needs.

I was glad to see this ?? posted. There will only be 2 of us. Any idea of what a taxi will cost? or will there be a shuttle we can get. We're staying pre-cruise at the Fairfield Inn and they have courtesy shuttle to airport & back, so could either be picked up at hotel or airport. Of course I don't need this until July - just trying to get all the plans made ahead of time.

I was glad to see this ?? posted. There will only be 2 of us. Any idea of what a taxi will cost? or will there be a shuttle we can get. We're staying pre-cruise at the Fairfield Inn and they have courtesy shuttle to airport & back, so could either be picked up at hotel or airport. Of course I don't need this until July - just trying to get all the plans made ahead of time.

I contacted the Seattle Express shuttle service. They run at scheduled times from the airport area hotels to the pier and from the pier to the airport. I e-mailed and was quoted $12pp each way. It also states that price on their website. We are staying at Doubletree airport the night before our cruise and this seems to be the least expensive way to the port.

I contacted the Seattle Express shuttle service. They run at scheduled times from the airport area hotels to the pier and from the pier to the airport. I e-mailed and was quoted $12pp each way. It also states that price on their website. We are staying at Doubletree airport the night before our cruise and this seems to be the least expensive way to the port.

Do you have a link to their website?

Hi Karen,

I will be traveling with DH and DS so I am concerned that a town car would not be big enough for the three of us and our luggage. Do you have a recommendation for a company that perhaps has larger vehicles, such as suburbans, vans, or reasonable rates for limos? Thanks!!

Hi Karen,

I will be traveling with DH and DS so I am concerned that a town car would not be big enough for the three of us and our luggage. Do you have a recommendation for a company that perhaps has larger vehicles, such as suburbans, vans, or reasonable rates for limos? Thanks!!

They have all of the above. We took three suitcases, a large camera bag, a computer case and two carry ons and a large rolling walker in the car they sent us and would still have had room for more, but they DO have larger vehicles, too.

Karen,

Have you ever heard of or had any experience with YourPartyBus? We will have a group of 16 coming in to Seattle for our June cruise and 22 returning (6 will be arriving the day before). Any other suggestions? Thanks so much for your help!

Barb

I think they are just a party bus (booze, music and such) that roams the streets of Seattle full of partygoers mostly on the weekends and school break times. I have not heard of them doing anything else other than that.

Shuttle Express has the small mini tour type buses that should hold 22.

http://www.shuttleexpress.com

• 1 year later...
Hi Does anyone know of any transportation roundtrip for 2 at airport or book ahead from airport to terminal 91, arrival same day.

Thanks

Moxy - Try this one if you are interested in private car. http://www.airportdirectshuttle.com/alaskacruise.html

They offer special packages for cruises. I booked with them for our June cruise so I don't know good/bad yet but they seemed very nice and professional. The lady I spoke with said that they do book up so they suggest booking as early as possible. Good luck!

Karen,

Have you ever heard of or had any experience with YourPartyBus? We will have a group of 16 coming in to Seattle for our June cruise and 22 returning (6 will be arriving the day before). Any other suggestions? Thanks so much for your help!

Barb

you can rent a mini bus from s\\\\

shuttleexpress.com

or also I would suggest

toursofseattle.com

they are an old reliable company with mini buses. You can also call

a & a limo for mini buses or vans

206-365-1008

this is a very reliable towncar and mini bus and limo firm

http://www.a-alimo.com/

Also the "airport' has an on site fleet of limos and towncars. No need to reserve just call from the telephone near hotel ads in baggage claim. To Pier 66 $45 Pier 91 is $65

Stila limos, they are always there and regulated by the Port of Seattle.

If anyone here is curious about the absolute cheapest way to get from Seatac to Pier 91, I think this is it. About $4.00, depending on the time of day.

• Take light rail to Westlake Center (a downtown tunnel stop).
  • Take the smelly elevators to street level.
  • From Fourth Ave between Pike and Pine, take Metro bus #24 to Pier 91 & Magnolia Bridge.
  • Walk to cruise terminal (short walk)

Check out bus and train schedules ahead of time as the tunnel closes at night. Also the #24 doesn't run often at all hours.

If anyone here is curious about the absolute cheapest way to get from Seatac to Pier 91, I think this is it. About $4.00, depending on the time of day.

• Take light rail to Westlake Center (a downtown tunnel stop).
  • Take the smelly elevators to street level.
  • From Fourth Ave between Pike and Pine, take Metro bus #24 to Pier 91 & Magnolia Bridge.
  • Walk to cruise terminal (short walk)

Check out bus and train schedules ahead of time as the tunnel closes at night. Also the #24 doesn't run often at all hours.

The tunnel is open until between 1:30 and 2:00 am, and, hopefully, no one would be out running around after that until it reopens at 5:00 am.

The 24 or 33 bus would be the killer for this option. The stop is ON the bridge, down three flights of kind of rickety steps to the road to Terminal 91, total walk more than 1/4 mile. I don't recommend it with luggage. Taxi, town car or shuttle is safer and easier on those involved.

I came home yesterday using light rail from Seatac just to 'try' it. As I've stated before its on the far north side of the airport so its close to alaska or United but the absolute farthest from Continental American or delta. The walkway is near Carousel 14. I walked along the far side of the pkg garage to the station with one big case a roller bag and backpack. For $2.50 I was pleasantly surprised. You can put suitcase under the seats but it wasn't too busy. I transferred to bus once inside the bus tunnel. Seattle buses don't have room for luggage so its going to be in the walkway or at your feet. I think taking light rail is good, but then find a cab for the rest of your trip. I did and it made it pretty easy.

Last year we use www.towncarseattle.com they charged us $50.00 for our group (4 people) to Holland America cruise. Another good experience was with

www.bellevuelimoservice.com on the way back to airport ($45.00 only!).

I travel Seattle a lot by business and few times I use light rail. Yes, they chip $2.50 per trip but it take 45 - 50 min to get Downtown and you have to find a taxi cab to any final destination. For local Downtown trips I use www.tacomataxicabs.com They cheap, friendly and always clean and new cars. Enjoy your trip to Alaska!:)

Last year we use www.towncarseattle.com they charged us $50.00 for our group (4 people) to Holland America cruise. Another good experience was with

www.bellevuelimoservice.com on the way back to airport ($45.00 only!).

I travel Seattle a lot by business and few times I use light rail. Yes, they chip $2.50 per trip but it take 45 - 50 min to get Downtown and you have to find a taxi cab to any final destination. For local Downtown trips I use www.tacomataxicabs.com They cheap, friendly and always clean and new cars. Enjoy your trip to Alaska!:)

Tacoma taxi is not a Seattle firm and wouldn't be licensed to pick up in the city. Seattle taxis must have a license on the back. The taxis are mostly Orange Cabs, Farwest, Yellow.

davidgmg: My children consider public transportation a fun experience and special treat. So we are considering riding lightrail from SEATAC to Westlake Ctr then the monorail from Westlake Ctr to Space Needle and walking 2 blocks to our hotel. Broad daylight - late morning. Are we totally nuts? Cost isn't the issue as for 4 ppl on two types of rail is not much cheaper than a taxi - we're after education value. Of course this necessitates a bit more time than taxi and some hassle with luggage. Do they allow luggage on monorail and would we be clogging the aisles with it? Is there any reason to not walk a few blocks to hotel? TIA for your input.

I took light rail a few weeks ago 'just to try it out' and found it pretty fun. The luggage can fit under your seat but it wasn't crowded. "The monorail part may be trickier as you have to get your luggage to the top floor of Westlake ctr then get on the monorail but if the adventure is what your after it could work.

I took light rail then transferred to a bus and was pretty impressed I could get from Seatac to northgate a distance of about 24 miles for $2.50.

your plan is doable