Worst food on an RCI ship?

CruiserFox

While on the Granduer of the Seas last summer we were served UNCOOKED lobster. It was cold, mushy, and gray. When we brought it to the attention of the waiter he told my wife that it was cooked properly. When she picked up a piece between her thumb an forefinger (granted, poor manners here but she was trying to make her point) and gently squeezed it...WATER drained from it. He still insisted that it was cooked properly. We still gag when we think of it.

Other foods:

pancakes in the WJ:(

hamburgers in the WJ:(

(On the flip side: the absolute, consistently best food we've had on any RCCL cruise was in the MDR on the Splendor out of Venice last summer.):):)

For me its 3 things in the WJ. The waffles, the "biscuits and gravy" (they use that term loosely for sure!) and the coffee.

The coffee in the MDR is always so much better and they swear its the same, there is no way unless they use a diferent pot.

The best thing IMO is some of the finger sandwiches in the Cafe Prmenade, the prosciutto on onion roll and the mortadella on an onion roll where the 2 best ones hands down for me!

While on the Granduer of the Seas last summer we were served UNCOOKED lobster. It was cold, mushy, and gray. When we brought it to the attention of the waiter he told my wife that it was cooked properly. When she picked up a piece between her thumb an forefinger (granted, poor manners here but she was trying to make her point) and gently squeezed it...WATER drained from it. He still insisted that it was cooked properly. We still gag when we think of it.

Sounds like it is only cooked right if it was sushi lol

I would have to say the different salads in the WJ, yuck!

I also agree with Teri, the juices are pretty bad, their oj = sugary orange drink.

###

I thought you made your own salad in WJ, at least the ships we've been on. Unless you mean like the potato salad, pasta salad, then oh yeah.

I had a (self made) salad every day for lunch at WJ. liked it a lot.

Lobster Bisque----------It tasted like salt water! I could not even taste the lobster!

I agree, the Lobster Bisque was horrible.

Although I disagree about the pizza. At least the pizza on the Mariner in the Cafe Promenade wasn't bad. No NY Pizza, but still pretty decent.

Erika

Yes, the biscuits and how about that gravy!:eek:

I'm in total agreement. Pathetic biscuits, but even worse gravy!

As for the RCI pizza - I would say it was as bad as high school cafeteria pizza, but then that would be an insult to the high school version.

I will add my vote in the iced tea category. That's why I take my own tea bags, make some hot tea and then add ice to make my own. It is fresh and tastes just like the tea at home.

The pizza isn't the best, but I still get a few slices for lunch once in a while. If you want good pizza on a ship, you need to sail on Princess.

It seams that a lot of cruisers dont like the coffie...Why dont they change it - it is so easy

Nice to know I'm not the only one who hated the coffee. It was absolutely horrid IMO in the WJ, possibly worse from room service, and not very good in the MDR. I could tolerate it (but not enjoy it) from Cafe Promenade when I could fill the cup only about half with coffee, then some water, and then LOTS of half and half. And about 4x the sweetener amount I usually use.

I loved most of the food I tried, but their cream soups all pretty much tasted like one another. I couldn't really tell the difference between the clam chowder and the potato and leek soup.

For me, hands down the scrambled eggs in WJ. Uck!

The Eggs! Can't trust the eggs if I cannot get eggs fried over medium, etc, fresh out of the shell. You can only get scrambled!

I worked in a bakery when I was young and the eggs came processed in 10 gallon drums. YUCK!

Yup, coffee is the worst i have tasted , Seattle`s best ? . If in Canada,

try Tim Horton`s coffee , its not very strong , but does not offend .

MDR coffee is more drinkable . I dont use sweetener , so it comes across

very bitter. I will buy a specialty coffee at least once a day . Everything

else seems ok. Guess i am not that fussy.

cheers

Looked good.....presented with a nice sauce and a few shredded bits of real crab on top. Inside ??? FAKE CRAB!! Unbelievble. Told our waiter it wasn't really crab and told us to make sure we put that on the comment card as they'd had many complaints.

I wonder if they ever changed it?

I love coffee but I'm sure not used to coffee as strong as on the ships. WOW

I finally gave up on getting over easy eggs on the Navigator. They were either way undercooked our well past over medium....LOL. I did find enough other stuff to fill the void though ;)

Archived