Advice on Owners Suite

jane02

In a VS did you find the Anchor being dropped very disturbing early in the morning. ?

Given a choice which deck VS would you take ?

Brian

We didn't have any problems with the sound of the anchor; of course, we enjoyed getting up early and watching all of the activity. The VS on the 6th Deck offer a great view of the crewmen docking the ship. On the other hand, you're right next to the crewmen docking the ship:p

For noise, the problem is the sound of the waves hitting the hull on TA crossings. VERY loud:( It was fine once we hit Bermuda, however.

If I booked another VS, though, I think I'd opt for deck 7.

As regards the wind, it is quite windy, but shelter is provided by the enclosed "railing". It was still possible to lay in a lounger to catch some rays, but still have a little shelter from the wind.

Brian:Only book 7th deck as the 6th deck VS not only have the anchor noise but also the drums and vibration of the music from the lounge below both afternoons and evenings until about 11:30. The ride will also be somewhat smoother on 7.

The views from the front are incredible but the calm and quiet of the back OS are also worth something to us.:)

Both riversidecruiser & orchestrapal covered it! I am also an early riser. DW is not, but she could sleep through anything!! I am usually up in the Horizon Lounge before 6:30 am. If she's awake, it's best if I leave her alone---tends to growl when approached too early.

It's amazing the number of pax. that are out walking that time of day.

6091 for me.. have booked it maybe 20 times ;-)

It is not close to engine noise???

6th deck aft has largest balconies due to configuration of the ship.:rolleyes: I don't believe that any of the OS are really better than the others..

that any esp 7th floor are better.. 8th floor has restaurants over them..scraping chairs is not wonderful in am..

7th floor has 8 above them:eek: sooooooooooooooooo

it is just a wonderful place to be in any of the 6 of them

have fun!

6091 for me.. have booked it maybe 20 times ;-)

It is not close to engine noise???

6th deck aft has largest balconies due to configuration of the ship.:rolleyes: I don't believe that any of the OS are really better than the others..

that any esp 7th floor are better.. 8th floor has restaurants over them..scraping chairs is not wonderful in am..

7th floor has 8 above them:eek: sooooooooooooooooo

it is just a wonderful place to be in any of the 6 of them

have fun!

Hi Claudia,

I think we met you and your husband in Tahiti??? We were the couple from Melbourne and on the roll call.

Sorry if it is not you - thanks about the advice anyway.;)

For those who have not been in an OS/VS, but are planning to do so, one can not install any software on the O supplied laptops. That's why I bought her a 10" netbook to bring on board. Worked out great!!

Archived