Penthouse on Sensation??

Jenn1121

This is our first cruise on Carnival. We will be traveling on March 5th for the 3 day Bahamas cruise. We were called by Carnival and asked if we wanted to upgrade to penthouse. Now I am trying to figure out what we get different from a regular balcony room that we originally booked. The only thing my hubby told me is I will have a tub. Does anyone know if you can get a chaise lounge on the balcony? I know on RCI they will serve you dinner on your balcony (of course for extra fee). Does anyone know if Carnival will do that in a Penthouse suite? Any and all info you have on this type of room would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenn

There are no other perks by booking a suite on Carnival.

You get VIP embarkation and a larger room.

The room service menu remains the same.

IMO, for a three day cruise, its just not worth the extra money. If it was a 7 day cruise...and they offered the upgrade, I would consider it!

How much more are they asking for?

Catrin

This is our first cruise on Carnival. We will be traveling on March 5th for the 3 day Bahamas cruise. We were called by Carnival and asked if we wanted to upgrade to penthouse. Now I am trying to figure out what we get different from a regular balcony room that we originally booked. The only thing my hubby told me is I will have a tub. Does anyone know if you can get a chaise lounge on the balcony? I know on RCI they will serve you dinner on your balcony (of course for extra fee). Does anyone know if Carnival will do that in a Penthouse suite? Any and all info you have on this type of room would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenn

I have had a Cat 12 in the past and have another booked on Sensations sister ship The "Imagination" for this june.. THEY ARE AWESOME !! Jacuzzi Tub, Also walk in closet, Full size vanity, Lot's of sitting room, Full size sleeper/sofa, Bar with glassware and refrig,Larger NICE FLAT Screen TV, A Nice PRIVATE BALCONY (14 by 5)that has two chairs and a table (Could fit a lounger for a tip to your steward) and adjustable mood lighting controls at the head of your bed..:eek: :D I have a Balcony booked for the Sensation for this AUGUST and I hope I get the upgrade Call ! :D If the extra $$ wont hurt I say GO FOR IT !! It might be the only chance for you to get one at that good of price..

Thanks for the help!!! I think we were paying $796 for the balcony and now we are paying $1025 for the Penthouse suite. I didn't think it was a bad price. At this point I could sleep on the bottom of the boat in an interior room and wouldn't care. My husband and I were supposed to go away in November but he wasn't getting paid as he got hurt at work but now he is getting paid. Then my grandfather passed away the same week we were to go away. So between not having the $ and a death we didn't get to go away for our 10th anniversary. So we are 11 days away from a vacation and I don't care where we sleep as long as we are away!!!

Thanks again :)

Jenn

Never seen the PH on the Sensation, but I have seen the Verandah suites, and they are pretty nice, I can imagine the PH is much better than that. As far as whether it's worth it, it's all relative as to how much it's worth to YOU.

I will also be on the March 5th Sensation cruise, this will be my 6th trip on the Sensation and I'm very excited to see the new refurbs!

Thanks for the help!!! I think we were paying $796 for the balcony and now we are paying $1025 for the Penthouse suite. I didn't think it was a bad price. At this point I could sleep on the bottom of the boat in an interior room and wouldn't care. My husband and I were supposed to go away in November but he wasn't getting paid as he got hurt at work but now he is getting paid. Then my grandfather passed away the same week we were to go away. So between not having the $ and a death we didn't get to go away for our 10th anniversary. So we are 11 days away from a vacation and I don't care where we sleep as long as we are away!!!

Thanks again :)

Jenn

Feel good about your choice to take the Cat 12 !:) You DOOOO have the BEST Cabin on the whole ship !! Enjoy !!:D

Archived