Yes you CAN get Margaritas on Stone Island!

sprinkles

Hello all, just got back yesterday. I know that I was very interested in the margarita threads about Stone Island before we left as we don't drink beer. So here's my little review of Stone Island - AWESOME RELAXING DAY!!!!! Followed the directions on one of the threads, just kept our heads buried and bullrushed past all the taxi people. Walked out the iron gates to the left about 4 blocks to the end (felt very safe). Crossed the road and followed the gravel/dirt path/road right in front of us (with a chain link fence running along next to it on the right side) to the little blue ticket booth, $2.00pp (kept our receipts for the way back). Once of the boat walked straight out and crossed the little hill (there was no one there to hire for a ride). Crossed over the little hill and we could see the whole beach, walked down to the compressed stand and started walking to the end. To be honest we were a little late getting off the ship (slept in) so there were no chairs w/umbrellas at Molokai's so we kept going. We had been talking to a lady on our boat crossing who had been vacationing in PV for three months and knew she was going to Lety's so we just kinda followed her there. Lety's is right next to victor's. We were able to score nice loungers with an umbrella at Lety's so there we stayed. They had very good margaritas - blended or over the rocks (and no we had absolutely no stomach problems after). We had several margaritas, chips/salsa were good. Shrimp there was too fishy (but I didn't feel right going next door to victors - next time I will) and a coke - our whole bill was $22.00. Friends next to us also had quesedillas which looked very good and they said they were. The weather was perfect, nice and warm in the sun, gentle breeze sitting under an umbrella - ocean a little cold but I did swim in it. Vendors wern't too bad, they were kinda the same people, so after a few "no gracias" they left us alone. It was so nice that I hated to leave, we are planning on going back for the same cruise next Feb and will definately do Stone Island again. What a gorgeous day and we spent a total of $26.00. Incredibly easy to do on your own, happy sailing everyone!

Tammy

Thanks for the information Tammy (love the name btw ;)). This is exactly what we plan to do when we get there next month. I'm so glad to hear that it is easy to get to and fun/safe to do on your own. Margaritas are now the icing on the cake! I can drink beer for a while and actually like Pacifico but margaritas are my weakness. :D Do you know if you can get them at other venues besides Lety's? Did Victor's have mixed drinks or just beer did you notice?

Tammy

Sorry Tammy,

I didn't take notice of what they had over at Victor's but it is literally 20 yds away from Lety's so if they didn't have what you wanted it would be easy enough just to walk back to Lety's. Have a great time everyone!

Tammy

Archived