Cruise critic or housework?

krogerlady

We have a little over a 100 days to go, and I can't seem to pull myself away from the computer and reading EVERTHING on cruise critic!! Its totally pathetic!! Every single activity that can be called housework is sitting behind me screaming to be done, but here I sit!! I have no will power at all. Maybe I can get my house clean after i get home....and BTW, how can two people, no kids either, get a house so messy. Aaaurrrrghhh....hate housework!! I need a steward to bring home with me!!

We have a little over a 100 days to go, and I can't seem to pull myself away from the computer and reading EVERTHING on cruise critic!! Its totally pathetic!! Every single activity that can be called housework is sitting behind me screaming to be done, but here I sit!! I have no will power at all. Maybe I can get my house clean after i get home....and BTW, how can two people, no kids either, get a house so messy. Aaaurrrrghhh....hate housework!! I need a steward to bring home with me!!

Okay lets have some self control. I know houseworks stinks. See how good of a room steward you can be. After you make the bed create your own towel animal. See if your other half can identify it. Try folding the toilet paper into a point after you clean the bathroom. Set the table for a nice diner. You can always blend up a fruity drink and serve with an umbrella. Do this a couple times, you will either have fun challenging yourself or you will appreciate the cruise that much more.

We should start a club! I'm a school teacher ending my winter vacation and I've spent WAY too much time on CC as well. i started to do some closet cleaning in the master bedroom and it still isn't finished. Of course my next vacation is in April and we are on HAL!

So...no worries...I have to admit I'm really bad because i have a wireless and can use my laptop while sitting on the couch! Bbbaaaaddd!

(Vacation? it might not be ending because we are getting hit with another big snow storm this evening so who knows if we will have scnool or not!)

You are not alone! I do like tkat's idea. Don't know if DH would appreciate the folded tp!

As I sit here reading the many new posts here on Cruise Critic-I see over my computer screen-7 rolls wallpaper and 2 gallons of paint--Hmmm lets see-Cruise Critic-or? Hope to get all this done before our cruise..We shall see.....

Not only does the housework not get done, but I just have to check posts every morning....yeah, like something is going to happen the 8 hours I am at work that I won't find out about until i get home, so therefore, every morning I am rushed like crazy to get myself together and get to work. Like right now. Going to be late again...aaaauurrrghhhh. Bye all...cya later.

And I have had it for years :D, and LOVE every minute of it. I, too, check the boards as soon as I get up in the morning, with coffee in hand, just to see if anything has changed in the hours while I slept!!! What is with me????? I don't see myself getting any better!

CC'er for life!

Michelle

The worst part is after the cruise when you still want to be on this site 10x a day, and you don't even have a cruise to look forward to. After a cruise I always think I'll only check things out once a day or so, but pretty soon I'm back on every time I walk past the computer.

This is where I take my breaks from housework.:D

Fortunately I am retired and therefore have more liberty in how long I take for my breaks; not to mention how many breaks I am allowed each day.:p

Kathy

Too funny...I thought it was just me!!! This is FAR worse than facebook!!!! I laugh when i read people ONLY have 100 or so days until their cruise...We're not crusing until JULY!!!!

I wonder if I'll ever get my taxes don!?!?:eek:

Too funny...I thought it was just me!!! This is FAR worse than facebook!!!! I laugh when i read people ONLY have 100 or so days until their cruise...We're not crusing until JULY!!!!

I wonder if I'll ever get my taxes don!?!?:eek:

See now my incentive to GET MY TAXES DONE was our cruise! I didn't have the money to pay until I got my refund!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Too funny! I wonder the same thing, there are only two of us and I can't believe how much laundry we have all the time! But I do have a dog and I blame him for why the house is never clean! : ) I have about 40 days and I am obsessed with the boards too! I used to be a Facebook addict and now I am a cruise board addict! There should be support groups for people like us! Wait, I think this is it! Hehe!

Good morning fellow housework ignorers!! Is that a word....oh well...I guess it is now!! Wednesday is my day off. The rest of the week I am up at 5am or ealier, and on Wednesdy when I could sleep in (duh, what's that?) I am up by at least 7:30, grab a cup of coffee and head straight to the computer. And here I sit...aaaurrrghhh. Check email first, to see who has responded to any of my posts, or any that I am watching, delete all the junk, and off to CC I go. Today I have no errands to run, the laundry is done, and other than the dust bunnie, etc etc, I have nothing to do except sit here all day. Heaven!! I can deal with the krick in my neck later. Y'all have a great day, and remember....I am here!!

Jayne

I am glad to see that I am not the only one! I only found CC a few weeks ago and ever since I have been addicted. I cannot seem to get any work done. I tell my self I am only going to get on the check a few things and that turns into a few more and then a few more. I have a stack of work that needs to be done sitting right next to me and I am trying my best to ignore it. I've got 2 minutes until I get off and then I can go home and get on my home computer.

I have had some good laughs from this thread and oh my, am I ever addicted to it!! I set my clock earlier in the morning, so I can eat breakfast in front of the computer, and then rush like an idiot to get ready for work. I guess its a good thing I don't work in front of a computer at work....I know what would happen!! But as soon as I walk in the door, I am at it again. Its no wonder the housework doesnt get done. Thank goodness the washer and dryer do their thing with very little encouragement, now if i could just get the clothes hung up!!

funnybannerninetyfour.jpg

You are so right!! I did sweep the kitchen floor before I got on the computer- so I should get at least a 2 hour break before I have to start again, right? Oh yeah, I also put the sheets into the washer, so that gives me at least another hour on my break! So when my 3 hour break is over and I go down stairs and put the sheets into the dryer - how long of a break do I get then, it is a lot of work moving things from the washer to the dryer!

Happy surfing! Happy Friday!!

Okay, so it is now Monday (last post was Friday) and I am still not getting very much house work done! I need some type of robot that I can program to do the cleaning, that way I would have more time to read all of the new post on CC.

Have a great Monday - and don't forget to dust!

Ya know, if you don't dust for a really long time, the layer becomes more even looking, and you really don't notice it as dust any more, just a different color for your end tables, and such!! Now if i could come up with a good excuse to not vacuum!! It must be done tomorrow!!

Archived