OBC question (VISA Certificates)

T&Tmom

I just got my VISA certificates in the mail yesterday and am trying to decide how I should assign them for OBC with two rooms. My oldest son is staying in a room with his cousin and I wondered how OBC is charged out when assigned to a room. Can I assign the VISA certificate to my son and will it be used for what he charges (there is a place on the back of the certificate to fill in the guest name, etc.)? Or will it be assigned to the room and be used up with on board charges by both my son and his cousin? Thanks for any assitance!

I just got my VISA certificates in the mail yesterday and am trying to decide how I should assign them for OBC with two rooms. My oldest son is staying in a room with his cousin and I wondered how OBC is charged out when assigned to a room. Can I assign the VISA certificate to my son and will it be used for what he charges (there is a place on the back of the certificate to fill in the guest name, etc.)? Or will it be assigned to the room and be used up with on board charges by both my son and his cousin? Thanks for any assitance!

I don't think the certs are transferrable, but you can put them on your account, and link your son's account to yours.

I don't think the certs are transferrable, but you can put them on your account, and link your son's account to yours.

On the back of the certificate it states "If Guest Name is different than the name on the front of this coupon, please provide the following information:" and asks for name & address info. So I think it is transferrable. But I don't really think I am transferring it anyway. Any onboard charges by my son will be charged to me.

On the back of the certificate it states "If Guest Name is different than the name on the front of this coupon, please provide the following information:" and asks for name & address info. So I think it is transferrable. But I don't really think I am transferring it anyway. Any onboard charges by my son will be charged to me.

for easiest way then, just leave it on your room since it is technically one account. You can just have it put on his portion though as I have done this several times. You need to just put his name and say it is for single use for just him. I forget the exact wording on the back.

for easiest way then, just leave it on your room since it is technically one account. You can just have it put on his portion though as I have done this several times. You need to just put his name and say it is for single use for just him. I forget the exact wording on the back.

I have done this with 3 cabins...putting all OBC to my cabin, then linking all the charges of the kid's cabins as suggested above...All of their charges come on your bill, and any OBCs are then applied. If you're not sure or want to clarify, call RCCL redemption back or crown and anchor and ask. Thats how i was advised to handle it but it was 2 years ago so things may have changed.

Archived