Now I REALLY want to go to the Caribbean!

Stranger1

This is the time of year that most of us Southern Californian's laugh and joke about cruising the Caribbean and leaving our 80 degree weather behind so that we can exchange it for 85 degree weather. Well, let me tell you I'm not joking any longer! Living in Temecula Ca, just North of San Diego, where the weather and the breezes are as warm as a Caribbean dream, you don't expect to wake up on Saturday morning only to find that it's...SNOWING! AGHHH! Ok, Ok, it was only an inch of snow, but it shocked the heck out of us. We did get to make a few snow balls though. Anyway, now I have simpathy for those on the East coast, and can hardly wait for the less than 6 weeks until we sail on the Star!

Okay, I had to laugh - it's sunny, 50F and no snow!! Contrary to what some of you migh believe we don't live in igloos up here ;) in Canada.

On a more serious note I am sure the all of the snow will be melted by tomorrow anyway but have a great trip - we still have 4 months :( .

My sister, who lives in Laguna Beach, called me yesterday to let me know about the snow and that out in Yucaipa, where my nephew and his wife live, they had several inches of snow and probably lost several trees. And here it was close to 60 near Boston on Friday. A week ago, my brother-in-law stepped off the plane from CA to about 8" of snow here. It's not funny -- just ironic, not to mention wild weather.

Just yesterday I mentioned to my DH that we absolutely had to move somewhere warm because I can't take another cold winter. He used to live in Laguna Beach and mentioned we should move there because the weather is always perfect!! Wait until I show him this thread.

By the Way- we have not had one snowflake and only a few nights where it got below freezing. I'm sure that will end soon... :(

Okay, Sue... rub it in!

Actually, it's been weirdly warm here this year. My birthday was Sunday and I'm usually wearing a heavy coat and having to warm my car up for a while. Instead, I was wearing a t-shirt and capris and we grilled out. Usually when that happens, it means we have a wicked winter. I'll probably be DYING for cruise time. But, alas, it is 13 months away...

85 and sunny here!! Got some sun today!!! :D

After eenduring all those hurricanes I guess you deserve some sunshine. We are going to univeersal orlando in march but the kids are look more forward to the med cruise in july.

Going on a week of rain here in San Anton:(

I know how you feel! My cousin got married yesterday in Fullerton (California)and I was one of the bridesmaids. I was wishing for a jacket during the ceremony! California is supposed to be warm, but I was turning into an icicle in my bridesmaids dress. I was so cold I couldn't feel that my feet hurt from the shoes! That photographer had it in for us. We had to stay outside to take pictures for an hour! I'm sure all of you in the snow are laughing at me, but when you are used to 90 degree days anything below the 70's is cold! Two months to go and I will be in the warm Mexican sun!

Friends we met on our Diamond cruise from San Diego called me the Ice Princess for our early Canadian snow and winter. HMMMMMM, whos having winter now?

No snow here in Alberta :)

I'm glad I wasn't on last weeks sailing of the Diamond if it is that cold down there right now. That would have been one cool sailing back up the Baja on the Friday.

Sue

Archived