Texting on cell phones

Manitoban

I'm sure this is somewhere on the forum - but can't find it! My son would like to text from his cell phone while on the cruise ship. Texting is free at home - is it the same on a cruise ship or in the US? :confused:

I'm AT&T...On the ship, texts are .50 for each incoming or outgoing. Adds up pretty fast. I have unlimited texts at home also....Doesn't work on the ship.

On a carnival ship the texts will not be free- Read that it will cost 50 cents per message--sent and received. In ports--- international roaming charges will be what you pay-- unless you add the international plan to your phone.

make sure your phone will work in each port.

(also- please tell your son that in cabin phones cost almost 8.00 per minute to call home)

was on the inspiration last may to cozumel...text cost...call cost...and believe me internet cost....i have all unlimited here but once you hit international waters you pay...especially the internet connection..i kept checking the weather because we were in a tropical storm...almost had another when my mom received the cell bill..lol

I'm sure this is somewhere on the forum - but can't find it! My son would like to text from his cell phone while on the cruise ship. Texting is free at home - is it the same on a cruise ship or in the US? :confused:

My Bell Mobility Phone did not work at sea..it did at most ports.

My incoming text messages were free under my plan...my outgoing were 60 cents!!!

Just got my phone bill and was afraid to open it at first....

We just got back from our latest jaunt to the Caribbean. Before with my daughter I never had to worry about texting because she sent like 4 the entire trip (I know she's weird for a 15 year old - very money conscious.) I could handle the couple extra bucks......took my 15 year old step son to be.....he had 13,000 (yes that's correct) texts LAST MONTH......I turned his texting off.

Yes, I know you like to keep in touch with your friends. But you are on vacation and the world is not going to stop while you are gone. Its family time. International fees are just too much.

Oh and don't forget.....you cannot use your phones while in customs, or the embarkation process. Thought I was going to kill my daughters friend who would not put her phone away.

Hope that helps,

Kristin

Archived