Comments on Crown Princess W/C Accessibility, w/pics of B301

Beth Y

We enjoyed our first Princess cruise on the Crown from February 8-15, 2009, although I would never pick such a big ship again -- there were just too many people. I liked the smaller size of HAL's Volendam (and many of its other features) much better.

My husband uses a walker and a manual wheelchair; we rented a power chair from Special Needs at Sea for the cruise, to give him more independence on the ship, and to give me a break from pushing the wheelchair. It worked out well.

Getting around the public areas was easy, except for the Horizon Court and Caribe Cafe buffet lines, which were crowded and chaotic, so I'd get his food for him. In the Anytime dining rooms and in the Crown Grill we were seated promptly at convenient tables. In the theater, we liked both the wheelchair seating in the rear of the upper level, and right up front at the end of the rows in the lower level. We spent a lot of time on the pool deck, and appreciated the automatic doors on that level.

We really liked H/C cabin B301! There was plenty of room for my husband to get around the room and the bathroom (see photos attached), and easy access to the balcony. Loved the firm bed and the cozy duvet, and the wireless internet in the room. We liked the location right near the forward elevators (occasionally heard the dings, but it wasn't annoying). We learned to use the forward elevators when returning to the cabin, because the hallways on Baja deck were often clogged with the stewards' carts, so it was impossible to get the power chair down the hallways from the aft or midship elevators.

Feel free to ask any questions.

253398000_FloridaandCruise2009072.jpg.2c6806687ac75c4193ffc28cbba14d54.jpg

1089677659_FloridaandCruise2009073.jpg.89c87e529d2e4d31555f74ef9ce11ff7.jpg

822898390_FloridaandCruise2009067.jpg.1abb14e41443dcdea6b9db26ff0a617e.jpg

Archived