noordam dining

thunderbay

I've been reading about various dining options and am somewhat confused. Our TA has us dining at 8:00. My husband is not keen with this as he is an early eater. Does the Noordam have an open dining option?:confused: I thought I had read where someone said this is new with the Noordam? Correct me if I'm wrong please If we want a table for 2, how do we go about requesting that?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you can't change to "early seating" once on board, you can go to "anytime dining" in one of the dining rooms, or the Lido Buffet which has tableclothes and nice settings at night. We went to the Lido often because we could sit by ourselves right by the windows and enjoy the view. There was never a long wait. If you see something interesting, you can go outside and take a picture, especially during sail-away. You get your appetizer, soup, salad, rolls, etc. buffet style and then chose from the same entrees as the dining rooms. They bring the entree with side dishes right to your table, freshly prepared. We really enjoyed the Lido buffet option because of the casual atmosphere and being able to sit at our table as long as we wanted.

Enjoy the Noordam - she's a beautiful ship and the food was delicious.

If you wish to have dinner early, you should have no problem if you switch to "As You Wish" dining if the early set dining is not available. Simply call for reservations in the early morning each day, request a table for two, and you will be given the early dining time you wish. If you find you like the table and service staff assigned to the first table you are given, you might request that table when you call each day. Alternately, you might choose to go to the dining room early without a reservation and take whatever table you are given each day. Usually, the staff will take you to the same table or the same general area each night. On our two recent cruises on the Noordam, this has been the case, and we were quite happy. Note that the dining room does become rather noisy and busy as the evening progresses. AYW dining has always been on the first floor of the dining room on our recent cruises.

Archived