Pre booked cabin?

bilty

Sailing on the Destiny in May, so far have not booked our cabin. Is it worth doing, we are not too bothered where we are on the ship but would like a double bed. Should we pre book our cabin before sailing?

Hi bilty

We always pre book our cabin on Destiny but I suppose it's a personal matter.

What I would say is that I don't think there are as many double bed cabins as there are twins, so it might be worth your while pre-booking.

If you ring Thomson direct they can tell you where the double bed cabins are and how many are left etc. That may make up your mind for you.

Janet:rolleyes:

Steelerannie, our friends felt exactly as you do and had their cabin made up as a double. Standard cabins have two single beds anyway, not a double as such, which are either one against each wall (either parallel or L-shape) or pushed together and made up with a double sheet. However the bed is still against the wall on one side, and you cannot easily look out of the window or use the bedside table which has to be folded down. As the wardrobe and dressing table are on the side walls, with the bed across the cabin in double formation there was very little floor available to walk on. After a couple of days they had it changed to twin formation which they found much more usable.

We had a look in other cabins and decided the L-formation gave the most day-time cabin floor space as one of the beds is folded away during the day.

My friend has just reminded me that the cabins on Deck 7 had room for a proper double bed, but these are the deluxe cabins. I have presumed you were asking about the standard cabins which are as described above.

Carol x

Hi

In January, we had booked an outside for 2 on Deck 2/3. We were allocated a cabin for 2/3 people - Cabin No. 2150 on Deck 2. This had 2 parallel beds and a fold down bunk above which, obviously, we didn't need. This cabin, being for a possible 3 people, was larger than the double cabins than we peeked into which had one fixed bed down one side and a fold down bed opposite. We also had two wardrobes - one which I was able to use for full-length dresses which I gather is a bit of a problem in the 2 berth cabins.

From my quick peeks into other cabins, ours did seem much better. In fact, after the very negative opinions I have read, I was rather relieved and very grateful to the Thomson version of the Upgrade Fairy!

When we booked for January 2010, we wanted to pre-book the same cabin or one of the others, there are a number of them, that are for 2/3 people. They are marked on deck plans. At first, our T/A could not get the Thomson staff to allocate us one of these. She kept on being told that everyone of them was booked. Nobody believed her. Our T/A waited until the next day and tried again - this time getting a different girl and having no trouble getting the cabin that we wanted.

As far as the double beds are concerned, we have always found that, wherever you are, they just push the singles together and you end up totally uncomfortable. That's what imagination is for!!!!!!!

Sandie

Archived