Best way to get from FLL to Pier

pandabebe

Hello,

I am hoping to get your advice/suggestions as I'm not having any luck with the search function.

What is the best way to get from FLL airport the pier? There will be 4 of us sailing on the Solstice next week and we're debating whether it would be cheaper to cab or to take a shuttle.

Thanks.

~ Adrienne

Hello,

I am hoping to get your advice/suggestions as I'm not having any luck with the search function.

What is the best way to get from FLL airport the pier? There will be 4 of us sailing on the Solstice next week and we're debating whether it would be cheaper to cab or to take a shuttle.

Thanks.

~ Adrienne

Taxi would be your best and fastest way. It is just a short 10-15 minute ride.

Cab definitely. Fast and only about $15-$20 total (plus tip). We always go in a day early and stay at a hotel near the port so that's what I'm basing this on. The fare to the hotel is normally only about $12 but you are going to have to pay some meter time (vs. milage) while waiting some to get through port security. Make sure you have your documents (cruise and passports ready) to speed things up.

Definitely a cab and great info about having your documents ready at security. Make sure those docs are always handy since they seem to request them an inordinate amount of times before you finally get on board.

Same after your trip. Cabs are the best way back to the airport. We found that using a porter in the terminal works out better than standing in the line for immigration. They take your bags and you to a separate line, right out to the left of the exit and directly to the cabs. Just a suggestion!

Cab definitely. Fast and only about $15-$20 total (plus tip). We always go in a day early and stay at a hotel near the port so that's what I'm basing this on. The fare to the hotel is normally only about $12 but you are going to have to pay some meter time (vs. milage) while waiting some to get through port security. Make sure you have your documents (cruise and passports ready) to speed things up.

This is wonderful advice!! The first time I went out of Port Everglades did not know you needed your passport and papers with you, I had them with me but it would have been nice to know before hand.

Laura

Archived