Afternoon Tea in Vancouver

Given the lack of responses on this topic you may have gathered that unlike Victoria, Vancouver is not exactly the "Tea Capital" of British Columbia. If I were hosting or going to tea in Vancouver I would probably look to the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver or the Sutton Place as providing a good afternoon tea.

Maybe you will now hear from a bunch of my fellow Vancouverites on the topic.:)

We will be in Vancouver after our cruise on the NCL Pearl in May. I know there are many hotels that offer afternoon tea, but has anyone tried them? What is the best or what is the best deal?

There are two good afternoon tea places that I've been to. One is in Kerrisdale (Arbutus and 41st area) and is called Adonia and does traditional cream teas. The other is on West 10th toward the university and does great tea and light lunches. I find the food to be better, but it isn't the traditional tea service. The name escapes me, but give me a while and I will think of it. Although it is out of downtown, if you are headed out to UBC for any reason it is on the bus route.

Viv

I checked with my SIL. The other one is the "T Room Bakery" at 4445 W 10th (about halfway between Alma and Blanca) and it also sells great kitchen stuff. If you like doing crafts, there is a good yarn store and a good quilting store in that same block. There is a great book store on the other side of 10th.

Viv

If you want to stay in the downtown area, Bacchus Lounge at the Wedgewood Hotel also does afternoon tea.

I understand that they do a great job but I think that they only do "tea" on Saturdays and Sunday's...do you have other information?:)

Viv, I knew there was a tea drinker in Vancouver somewhere who would come to the rescue.:D

Truthfully, it's not the tea. It's the food! ....little sandwiches with the crusts trimmed off, tiny pastries... makes me feel like a little girl at a tea party. There is a place in Chilliwack, Apeldoorns, that is wonderful. I love the little scones with jam and clotted cream.

Viv

Archived