Coast Hotel Long Beach

game misconduct

Believe me, I am continually checking on their progress...

I'm not thrilled so far, as that particular "boutique hotel chain" - took over a nice, decent hotel that I always had good experiences in...

Then turned it into more expensive than what it's worth, and filled the hotel with the snottiest, rudest, most unhelpful staff I've even experienced (on more than one occasion).

I'm crossing my fingers that Coast Hotel (Hotel Maya) will turn out differently, since it's in Long Beach - and hopefully not as many wannabe Hollywood staff members working there...

Oi!

I'm hoping they don't lose the friendly, helpful, down to earth feeling of The Coast.

It does seem to be the "thing" in LA these days to take perfectly good hotels, close them down, do a little remodel and then reopen as some trendy "boutique" hotel...

It sort of allows you to aim at a snobbier clientele and raise the prices without really giving the customer that much more...

There was a recent article in the LA Times about for of them in the Hollywood area...

And I know that Curt is not very enamored of the Hotel Angleleno--which did this same sort of thing a couple of years back--closed down as a Holiday Inn, then reopened a couple of months later as the Angeleno...

It could be this is what the Coast/Maya's owners have in mind...

Archived