Toursaver Anchorage Hotel Options?

bowlingqueen

It also includes the Microtel Inn & Suites at Eagle River (not downtown Anchorage). We just ordered our book yesterday and this may be the only coupon we get to use considering all of the good ones expire on 8/31.

• 2 weeks later...
I booked the inlet hotel for June, no problem with using coupon, make sure to leave coupon in the book, they say they will not honor it without it being in the book.

When we initially tried to book the Inlet the price online was $99/nt for September 2009. Yet when we informed the hotel we had the Tour Saver coupon the price jumped to $249/nt for the call-in price. I told the front desk supervisor that this was a huge difference in price and wanted to speak with a manager. She stated that it was the "Tour Saver" price. She even insisted that the price I saw online must be Expedia or another booking engine. I told her it was their website and the same one listed in the Tour Saver book.

I have a call in to the Inlet manager who works the late shift. We booked online just to show the manager the $99 rates but have a backup at the Microtel Inn just in case. This sounds like a rip-off if that is the case. Does that sound right to you?

I have never found any deals using coupons for hotels, Another "problem" I see over and over, is people staying 2 nights in places, that that second night would be far better off staying elsewhere. Many people are short on time, overall, with interior Alaska touring. If touring for a couple weeks, fine, but look at your overall routing, and itinerary.

I have always found far better deals with small independent basic motels and B&B's.

I have never found any deals using coupons for hotels, Another "problem" I see over and over, is people staying 2 nights in places, that that second night would be far better off staying elsewhere. Many people are short on time, overall, with interior Alaska touring. If touring for a couple weeks, fine, but look at your overall routing, and itinerary.

I have always found far better deals with small independent basic motels and B&B's.

(You have to sing to make it work right:D!!! You are a wealth of information-my wife and I both look for your posts as we are surfing CC. We are considering a B&B in Anchorage for our last night in Alaska. Do you have any B&Bs you could recommend (or steer us away from?) Also, we are looking at getting to our cruise in Whittier the next day and wonder what your thoughts are for transportation there and a cheap tour from Whittier while waiting. Thanx (P.S. you ROCK!:D)

(You have to sing to make it work right:D!!! You are a wealth of information-my wife and I both look for your posts as we are surfing CC. We are considering a B&B in Anchorage for our last night in Alaska. Do you have any B&Bs you could recommend (or steer us away from?) Also, we are looking at getting to our cruise in Whittier the next day and wonder what your thoughts are for transportation there and a cheap tour from Whittier while waiting. Thanx (P.S. you ROCK!:D)

Well, thank you kindly. :) There are many excellent B&B's to consider. Will you have a car? One that I have always liked and stayed at several times is the Alaska Walkabout. In the past had free bikes and was right on the Coastal Trail access. For a bargain, I always like Teddy Bear House B&B and Chicadee B&B. I stay in the spotless shared bath rooms. Truely a bargain. :)

Archived