Anybody else receive this from Carnival ?

lizardhowson

:confused:

I got a mailing from Carnival urging me to sail the Pride out of Baltimore because since I live there I would not incur airfare, overnight hotel stay costs, transportation costs etc.

The letter kept repeating that since the Pride was sailing out of my city of residence, I should book it and offered a 13% discount.

Is Carnival nuts ? I live in Columbus, Ohio ! :confused:

There was some reference to 341 minutes, but that amount of time won't get me to Baltimore.

Wonder how much they wasted on printing and postage to other non-residents of Baltimore or Maryland ??

I wouldn't mind receiving a flyer from Carnival, but this was way off the mark.

To Baltimore??? It's about 6-7 hours from Columbus. Where the heck are you guys getting 9-10?

EDIT: Heck, I just checked with Google to be sure, and there isn't ANYWHERE in the entire state of Ohio that's 9-10 hours from Baltimore.

To Baltimore??? It's about 6-7 hours from Columbus. Where the heck are you guys getting 9-10?

EDIT: Heck, I just checked with Google to be sure, and there isn't ANYWHERE in the entire state of Ohio that's 9-10 hours from Baltimore.

Oops. Just checked Yahoo Maps and it 488 miles from my town to there. Estimated time 7 hours 52 minutes. Averaging 60 mphs it is actually 8.1. Still, you've never road with my wife. :) 9 to 10 hours easy. :)

Sorry I overstated, I haven't mapped it since the news came that the pride was moving to Baltimore, so I was just shooting off the top of my head.

No problem, just poking fun :-) I've mapped them all now the ports are coming closer and closer to my house. I hate to fly. . . .but I'm terrible on the road too (my husband hates to road trip with me). But, typically we'll break it into two days.

Going out of Jacksonville FL in June on the Fascination . . . .11 hours (ouch), but stopping for a long weekend in Atlanta on the way down.

I got it, but it is wanting me to sail from galveston and i live in mobile. But i only got a 12 percent discount... We have a cruise that leaves from here and one from new orleans, so i dont know why i got one for galveston i think that is about 8 hours away.....

Okay, so here is a technical explaination from a IT consultants' point of view . . . .they have a warehouse of data, which sometimes doesn't have clean data . . . when they pull from this warehouse of data to print out these letters, the data which isn't accurate pulls too -- therefore, some of the letters are wrong. Typically, in a large pull of data to letters such as this there is an margin of error. You, unfortunatly, were probably in this margin of error.

:confused:

I got a mailing from Carnival urging me to sail the Pride out of Baltimore because since I live there I would not incur airfare, overnight hotel stay costs, transportation costs etc.

The letter kept repeating that since the Pride was sailing out of my city of residence, I should book it and offered a 13% discount.

Is Carnival nuts ? I live in Columbus, Ohio ! :confused:

There was some reference to 341 minutes, but that amount of time won't get me to Baltimore.

Wonder how much they wasted on printing and postage to other non-residents of Baltimore or Maryland ??

I wouldn't mind receiving a flyer from Carnival, but this was way off the mark.

Doesn't the Olentangy flow out into the Port of Baltimore?:D:D

The OSU students used to watch the 'submarine races' on the shores of the Olentangy. Those subs must have come from the ocean, No?:eek:

A long ago Buckeye!

Dan

My sister got this letter today in the mail. I did not, We live IN NC. the letter states its 284 mins. but it's really more like 380 mins, about 6.5 HRS. We've never thought about sailing out of BALTIMORE, Hmm it's a MAYBE..They really should make Wilmington, NC a homeport and send us a letter that it is only 120 mins from us, and we would BOOK ASAP and more often! lol

-David.

Appreciate your comments...

Sounds like Carnival may not know exactly where Baltimore is located as they seem to have grossly underestimated everyone's driving time. ???

Of course, I wouldn't think of driving to Baltimore for a cruise, but that's just me.

I gotta believe, as I stated before, Carnival wasted paper, time, effort and postage on these.

My sister got this letter today in the mail. I did not, We live IN NC. the letter states its 284 mins. but it's really more like 380 mins, about 6.5 HRS. We've never thought about sailing out of BALTIMORE, Hmm it's a MAYBE..They really should make Wilmington, NC a homeport and send us a letter that it is only 120 mins from us, and we would BOOK ASAP and more often! lol

-David.

Sounds to me like the letter got us all talking (on the boards that is), and has even gotten David to think about sailing out of Baltimore . . . hummmm . . . . . .maybe it worked even if the times were under-estimated.

Not exactly the same.......but I did receive an email from my PVP urging me to spread the word about cruising on the Elation out of San Diego. They're having trouble filling it up now that they've dropped Cabo from the itinerary and they're desperately trying to get bookings. No discounts were offered, just the request to try to get people to book. By the way, I'm not in California......so I'm not sure why she asked me to help out, unless it's just because she knows how much we enjoy cruising. :rolleyes:

Not exactly the same.......but I did receive an email from my PVP urging me to spread the word about cruising on the Elation out of San Diego. They're having trouble filling it up now that they've dropped Cabo from the itinerary and they're desperately trying to get bookings. No discounts were offered, just the request to try to get people to book. By the way, I'm not in California......so I'm not sure why she asked me to help out, unless it's just because she knows how much we enjoy cruising. :rolleyes:

I live a little more than 1/2 an hour from downtown Baltimore, but I'm in the process of booking a cross-country flight to LAX to take a Carnival cruise next January.

What's wrong with this picture? :D

I live half an hour from the port. I want a discount, too!:mad:

You probably can get the discount - if you ask for it.

I just got sent a similar offer and was offered a Virginia Resident rate. This is because there is a port in Virginia (Norfolk) that Carnival sails out of.

Just call and ask for a Maryland Resident rate. Bet they'll have one for ya! ;)

BTW, THe rate they offered me was so good, that I cancelled the cruise I had booked with RCI and went with CCL.

This is actually sort of funny in a not funny way....Columbus, OH to Baltimore and Mobile to Galveston?????? That is just too weird! As the person from Mobile pointed out, they have a ship at that port for crying out loud, and NOLA would be closer than Galveston :confused::eek:

Archived