HAL - Porthole Magazine

Krazy Kruizers

We've tried a few other cruiselines but still love HAL best! Whenever we step foot onto an HAL ship...we feel like we've returned 'home'! We just recently returned from a cruise on our first Vista class ship...the MS Oosterdam and she is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed the sailing very much! Yes there are a few things that have changed or have been eliminated...but it's not enough for us to not sail with HAL. And all in all...HAL still offers a great cruise experience.

So happy sailing to all!

Excerpt from my post to another thread:

"I just returned from the Zaandam and, based on their performance, gave the cabin and dining room stewards tips in addition to the auto-tip. They were certainly the equal, and in some cases, superior to the service I received on previous cruises. I simply could not think of anything that my cabin steward could have done in addition to what he did. The dining room staff (except for the head waiter for my section) did not have the time to talk that had been possible on earlier cruises, but their service was flawless. The wine steward did have the time to discuss choices and was both knowledgable and cordial, which was not always the case in the past."

In addition, the lounge staff and Lido staff was as friendly as you would wish. I think it reflects on the leadership of the ship's management. And it helps to smile first:) .

SFJ

[Note: I think the following Travel & Leisure rankings were from 2003]

Porthole Magazine 2004 Reader's Choice Awards:

Best medium size ship - Oosterdam

Best Alaskan itineraries

Best overall service

I guess that just goes to prove that those who claim to hate the Vista class ships are all talk. I was on the Oosterdam back in July to Alaska and I thought that she was wonderful.

I think this is great HAL is getting this recognition. We also loved the Oosterdam and very much looking forward to our next cruise aboard the Westerdam. But would also jump at a chance to sail on the Ryndam again. I guess we love all those dam ships:D

I think it's fantastic that HAL received those awards! It is a fabulous cruise line and we have enjoyed each and every cruise. I hope that the staffing is kept at levels that makes for the generally cheerful crew we are used to experiencing! As I've said before, one of the biggest strengths of HAL is their wonderful crew!

3 cheers to HAL and their fabulous crew members!!!!:D :D :D

Archived