Unwanted Review

Traveling Bob

That is just your opinion and you should say that, not state it as fact. I know my intention when posting that and it was to offer a suggestion of what may have been the root of the issue. You can come back and say what you want, but I'm done with this argument.

And there was a less snappish way of saying it. Looking a few posts above to deckedout's response shows a true constructive explanation to the OP about the very same issue but done without all the unnecessary dramatic embellishment.

The one thing I've noticed is that people are posting reviews either here or on the rollcalls. I've always posted mine in the Review area. Have they made that more difficult to do lately or is there a problem with the review area itself?

Da Bear

I can't answer your question but it is a very good point. It seems the reviews would belong there.:confused:

I do know that I wasn't very successful with the Ports of Call board but that is asking for information. A review is well, a review.

What I find disgusting is that there are many fools who think the crew on board don't work? Why can't they finish cleaning my cabin by noon? Duh,..... maybe you have your door saying do not disturb, or you slept in very late. Maybe instead of being one of the first cabins on their daily list, you are in one of the last cabins.....

Quote by Arwenmark: I have no idea who you talked to at disney you talked to but you should have immediately asked for a supervisor. Disney does NOT require any proof , they cannot it is totally illegal for them to do so.

I have been asked to bring my handicapped registration, but never asked for it at the ship. It may be illegal, but it happens. I've also been told that I may lose a handicapped room to someone that is wheelchair bound and I don't have a problem with that, because they would need the shower and bathroom facilities more than I. That didn't come out right.

Da Bear

Oh I didn't say it doesn't happen, just that it is illegal and I would ask for a supervisor and on up the food chain if necessary because I am like that. Of course I am also checking in on a scooter or in a wheelchair so I am not asked.

To Terry,

Don't feel bad about the butler thing. when we loaded in December on the Star the Suite passengers were right ahead of those of us in WC's. So though it might have been a tight fit you were where you were suppose to be. Butler should not have disappeared on you though.

Hi Bob....as many people have said they would have been distressed if there were no wheelchair for their mother. Your review mixed your negatives with your positives and was your experience!!

I myself tried to get on to read member reviews and could not get access.

I, too, thought this was a well thought out review. I did, however, want to point out this part of it, and hopefully clarify an issue.

If you sleep in very late, sometimes you will run into this problem of your room not being cleaned early. When we took our sons on a Carnival cruise, when the oldest was a teenager, their room rarely got cleaned twice a day because they would sleep in too late. Always got cleaned in the evening while they were at dinner. Except the one day that the oldest slept late and the youngest took a nap and slept through dinner.:eek:

The room stewards work very long hours. However, they are allowed a break from somewhere around noon til four. That is why it is almost impossible to find one during that time. They start around 630 or 7 work til noon or so than work again from 4- 10 or so. At least, this is what I was told. :o

Our room steward showed up the first night after 10pm so I told him don't bother coming back. It was worth cleaning our own room and making our own bed not to have that hassle.

• Administrators
The one thing I've noticed is that people are posting reviews either here or on the rollcalls. I've always posted mine in the Review area. Have they made that more difficult to do lately or is there a problem with the review area itself?

Da Bear

I've never had a problem posting my reviews on the review area -- I also typically post them on the applicable message board (ports of call, or cruiseline, depending). What I sometimes find with reviews posted only on the member reviews board is they sometimes come from someone who apparently hasn't ever found CC prior to that review, did no research on their cruise, and just wanted to vent (for all cruiselines, not just NCL).

I've seen some really idiotic statements on those boards -- I've been reading Canada cruise reviews for shore excursion ideas and reports and saw one from a Celebrity cruise stating basically "The weather on this cruise was horrible and there wasn't nearly enough to do onboard the ship. I'll never sail Celebrity again!" :rolleyes:

Personally I do read all applicable reviews in search of information useful to me, but I don't think there's anything more "credible" about a review in the member review section versus one on the board. In fact, sometimes I suspect SOME people post to the member review section (only) to make sure nobody is able to point out that many of the things they say a) aren't true, b) are ridiculous, etc. On the other hand, not everyone enjoys the back-and-forth environment of a message board and may prefer to post a thorough, balanced review in the member review section only. That's why it's good to search all areas here at CC.

It is my experience that if people can't find things to do on a ship in bad weather, they ain't lookin' very hard.

arwenmark: The mere fact you show up in a scooter or wheelchair, should shut them up. Wheelchairs are unGodly to get up a gangplank if you're a normal sized person. The scooters are a little easier. However, if you are normal sized like me (around the 300lb mark) they always send some little guy that weighs about a buck and a quarter to get you up the gangplank. In my case it was easier to sort of walk up. At the time I was draggin' the left side of my body, but it was easier than some lil' dude pushin' me.

Da Bear

Traveling Bob - I was on the Gem 12/6 - 13 and totally agree with you!

The chaos in NYC was incredible. Additionally, the woman who checked us in was rude, did not understand English, and I should have complained about her at the time. The ship is beautiful. The entertainment is spectacular. The food in main dining is lousy = breakfast, lunch, and dinner = and I do think it is in order to "encourage" you into the specialty restaurants. The staff is indeed polite, but, again slow service and this made me decide to go to the buffet (which would certainly cut down on the number of servers needed if everyone did this). I think the freestyle concept is part of the problem for main dining - all the food has to be ready at once and the quality suffers. (Kind of like college food). Funny - we also had a wallet lost and it turned up at the front desk within an hour - sans $60.00 but at least the ID was intact. Freestyle really is quite different...and certainly not for everyone.

Archived