First time on Destiny

Hi We have just discovered this website and what a great help there is when you read the threads. We are due to do the Destiny Transatlantic Sunrise cruise on April 19 flying from Cardiff.This will be our first time on this ship and have booked deck 4/5 outside can anyone recommend a cabin number as we may be able to prebook at this late stage.Also any advise regarding exchange rate for U S dollar on board or before leaving home.it seems the Destiny is a fun ship by your stories and we are looking forward to an enjoyable time Hope to meet fellow posters. Our first cruise was on the Topaz and then done the Spirit on three occasions hope this cruise will give us as much happiness.:) Hope we have done this thread correctly.

Regards Ann.

Hello Ann, welcome to the boards :)

Sorry, haven't been on Deck 4/5 so can't recommend a specific cabin number - I'm sure someone will be able to help though.

We usually get our currency before we leave home - at somewhere which offers commission-free. M&S are usually a good exchange rate and I noticed that it was up a bit today compared with what we paid about a month ago. I don't think the exchange rate is as competitive on board. US $ were acceptable everywhere we went except Guadeloupe (if they are still calling there with the continued strikes and protests) where the Euro is the currency.

I hope you enjoy joining in the discussions here and please let us know if you enjoy your trip. Are you on the count-down yet? I'm having withdrawal systems and can't wait until we decide on our next cruise!

Hi Welshipmates:)

Last year on Destiny we pre-booked cabin number 5044 and this year we have pre-booked 5046 which is next door as 5044 was already booked.

We have found this area to be conveniently located for lifts etc and we've not experienced any noise.

Janet:)

We were in cabin 5048 last year and in 5055 two weeks ago. Not especially noisy.

Changing £ for $ at reception - they were limiting us to £80 per cabin per day. For this we got $112. This is a rate of $1.4 to the £.

Geoff :)

Hi Thank you all for your messages will let you know how it goes, Have noticed Thomson have stopped the free A/I on the next years same cruise already.:(

EH1 will you be wearing your kilt or shall I wear a Leek :cool: for us to recognise each other?

Well I wont be wearing a kilt but hubby most certainly will if we can get it in the case !. Oh no ! My husbands experience of our welsh neighbours are his rugby weekends in cardiff lord help us ( only joking ) he speaks very highly of you well what he remembers but i promise to have him on his best behaviour for the cruise :d

Archived