Star Princess 11/7-11/14

Mom3Boys

Hi to all,

I wanted to post after our return from the Star Princess. We had a wonderful time with our 2 sons (7 and 12). This was our third cruise on Princess and our first on Star. We had sailed on the Golden and the Grand. We felt at home on the Star! This was my sons first cruise and the seven year old loved the kids program. The twelve year old had fun but he "felt" like he was a little old for the Pirateers. The age of the Pirateers was 8-12 so he was at the high end of the age group. He still had fun. All of the counselors were nice and seemed very attentive to the children. I had questions before I went so if anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer them the best I know how.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We liked our waiter so much in personal choice that we chose him for 5 of the 7 nights. All of the staff tried hard to make the kids feel like they were special.

We had a minor disappointment when we did not get to stop at Ocho Rios but went to Montego Bay. Montego Bay was great and we had fun there. I missed the water fall though!

We ate in the Sterling Steakhouse and the steak was very good. I thought it was worth the extra fee.

I always hesitate to say anything that is negative because it is hard to find fault with beautiful weather, a clean room, attentive staff, and good food, etc. "but" the one thing I was a little disappointed in was the entertainment. On our past cruises there have been a hypnotist and a magician. I missed this type of variety. However, we had a great time and I would recommend the Star to anyone! I hope to sail on her again.

Thanks to all who answered my cruise questions before I went!

Linda

Do they still break the kids into 4 age groups? What exactly is the age breakdown on the star? Which night did they have kids dinner with the center and what time did their dinner start? Thanks in advance. We will be on the Star in Feb.

Do they still break the kids into 4 age groups? What exactly is the age breakdown on the star? Which night did they have kids dinner with the center and what time did their dinner start? Thanks in advance. We will be on the Star in Feb.

The Pelicans were for ages to 7 (I am not sure what the bottom age of this group is), the Pirateers were for ages 8-12, and ages 13 and above were with the teens. There are two nights that the kids can eat with their friends. The first night was on Tuesday and started at 6:30. The second night was on Friday and was the second formal night on board. This meal also started at 6:30. My seven year old enjoyed eating with his friends. The 12 year old (who eats as much as an adult) loved the formal dining experience so we let him eat with us each night. One night we ordered room service early for the boys and then took them to the kids club and then went to dinner. The kids club opens at 7 p.m. (unless they are providing dinner).

I hope this helps!

Linda

Thanks Linda,

My kids loved to eat with the club, now I have to decide if I'll make them dress up one night for a nice picture. I love the one we have from our last cruise.

On the last formal night since my 7 year old wanted to eat with his friends, I let him eat with them wearing his shorts. Then I went and picked him up right after we finished our dinner, changed him into his tux so we could have a formal picture made. This worked out great!

I bought my guys a tux at ebay and they really thought they were the stuff!

Linda

Hi to all,

I always hesitate to say anything that is negative because it is hard to find fault with beautiful weather, a clean room, attentive staff, and good food, etc. "but" the one thing I was a little disappointed in was the entertainment. On our past cruises there have been a hypnotist and a magician. I missed this type of variety. However, we had a great time and I would recommend the Star to anyone! I hope to sail on her again.

Thanks to all who answered my cruise questions before I went!

Linda

Linda, I appreciate your review/comments! I guess it just depends on the individual, as I liked the entertainment! I would assume it was about the same as we had on the Oct. 31st sailing. I personally don't care much for hypnotists and magicians! Oh dear, it becomes obvious why some of us don't agree about the entertainment! :eek: Just goes to show, we are all different! But, explaining why, made all the difference in the world! Thanks, well written!

Archived