ggrrr, daylight savings help!

simkoreb

This time stuff gives me a headache to figure out! I am on the Valor April 5th. We are scheduled to be in Cozumel 7-4. Something happens in Cozumel on April 5th with daylight savings, and I cannot figure out how this affects the ship. Are we in Cozumel 7-4, 6-3, or 5-2 island time?

Maybe no one will know until that week to see what happens, which would really bum me out...I'm just hoping. I was thinking about Nachi, but not if we are there super early...

From what I can see, Belize does not follow dailight savings time. As of March 8th, Belize will be 2 hours behind Florida time instead of just 1 hour. Assuming ship time is the same as Florida time, you will be in Belize from 5-2 (Belize time). Hope this helps.

This time stuff gives me a headache to figure out! I am on the Valor April 5th. We are scheduled to be in Cozumel 7-4. Something happens in Cozumel on April 5th with daylight savings, and I cannot figure out how this affects the ship. Are we in Cozumel 7-4, 6-3, or 5-2 island time?

Maybe no one will know until that week to see what happens, which would really bum me out...I'm just hoping. I was thinking about Nachi, but not if we are there super early...

Best thing I can say is after our time change to ask on your ships board if the ship did or did not change time. Unfortunately they do not make it easy and the people in Miami do not have a clue.

Best thing I can say is after our time change to ask on your ships board if the ship did or did not change time. Unfortunately they do not make it easy and the people in Miami do not have a clue.

I think that you have the right answer. I'm pretty sure I got it confused again on my 2nd update:D

I think that you have the right answer. I'm pretty sure I got it confused again on my 2nd update:D

This year I think most port times shown are actual times in port, last year it was the home port time, they do this so you do not do a tour on your own, sad but true.

Let's try this again...

Florida Time

Nov 2008 - March 8,2009 = GMT-5

March 2009 - Nov 2009 = GMT-4

Cozumel Time

Oct 2008 - April 5th,2009 = GMT-6

April 2009 - Oct 2009 = GMT-5

so....

from Nov 2008 to March 8,2009 there is a 1 hour difference (Florida 7AM = Cozumel 6AM)

from March 8,2009 to April 5th 2009 there is a 2 hour difference (Florida 7AM = Cozumel 5AM)

fom April 5th 2009 to Oct 2009 , we go back to a 1 hour difference

and then from Oct 2009 to Nov 2009, we go back to a 2 hour difference

Let's try this again...

Florida Time

Nov 2008 - March 8,2009 = GMT-5

March 2009 - Nov 2009 = GMT-4

Cozumel Time

Oct 2008 - April 5th,2009 = GMT-6

April 2009 - Oct 2009 = GMT-5

so....

from Nov 2008 to March 8,2009 there is a 1 hour difference (Florida 7AM = Cozumel 6AM)

from March 8,2009 to April 5th 2009 there is a 2 hour difference (Florida 7AM = Cozumel 5AM)

fom April 5th 2009 to Oct 2009 , we go back to a 1 hour difference

and then from Oct 2009 to Nov 2009, we go back to a 2 hour difference

Yepp your right, but our ship sailed from Tampa, our docs said 7-7 and that was the time in port. Again its best to ask a recent cruiser on you ship to verify what times your in port. Last time our docs showed est as port time, not trying to make matters worse but just trying to make sure you ask or track your ships actual time in port.

Ok, so it looks like worst case scenario, we will be off by 1 hour! Thanks! I know this is such a headache! Especially with Cozumel switching the day our ship leaves, but I will follow your advice and see what the Valor is doing right now.

This website shows when the ship's are there on local time. It is updated weekly. You can compare it to what your ship's website says it will be in Cozumel.

You said this is updated weekly? So you won't actually know until the week prior? Just making sure I understand it right. Thanks!

You said this is updated weekly? So you won't actually know until the week prior? Just making sure I understand it right. Thanks!
Yes, but you can look now and see how the local time compares to what your ships itinerary says for this week. Unless you're on that rare ship that only goes to a certain port once or twice a year, most of the ships are on revolving schedules.

If the website I posted says that your ship will be there from 8-4 and your ships website also says 8-4, no problem. If your ship's website says 7-3, then you know you'll have to make some adjustments.

Pretty simple to figure out if you think about it.

Archived