1st time Cruiser Meals question

no13cat

Hi, My family and myself are going on our 1st cruise, The Conquest to the Western Caribean March 22nd to the 29th. We are having a hard time understanding what meals are included in the price of the cruise and what meals are not. Are only the meals eaten in the dining room free but if we were to go for example to the 24 hr Pizzeria that would be an additional. Please have patience with the dumb questions from this 1st time cruiser:).

Pretty much all the food on the ship will be included in your cruise fare- main dining rooms for breakfast/lunch/dinner, 24 hour pizzeria, all buffets, poolside grills, etc. The only restaurant that I'm aware of on Carnival that isn't included is The Supper Club. If there are others that aren't included, I hope someone else will add that info. Also, there's usually a cafe on most ships that have specialty coffees, lattes, etc. and sometimes cookies/pastries- none of which would be included.

Hi, My family and myself are going on our 1st cruise, The Conquest to the Western Caribean March 22nd to the 29th. We are having a hard time understanding what meals are included in the price of the cruise and what meals are not. Are only the meals eaten in the dining room free but if we were to go for example to the 24 hr Pizzeria that would be an additional. Please have patience with the dumb questions from this 1st time cruiser:).

The only thing not included is the Supper club and the specialty cafe where they sell specialty coffee and deserts. Pizza, deli,fish and chips,buffett, dining room,etc all included

No questions are dumb, ask away

All of the dining menus are free except the Supper Clubs...which charge an additional 30.00 per person (and it's worth every dime). That would include the main dining rooms, all the buffets on Lido, 24-hour pizza, deli, fish and chips, the grills and any other venue onboard. You also have free 24-hour room service (don't forget to tip the guy who brings it).

There is a specialty coffee/pastry shop on most ships where you can buy your double latte's and other coffee drinks and have a fine piece of cake or pastry.....there is a charge for those.

Food in the dining room is free, as is all the food on the Lido deck (Including the pizza).

Room service is free, but you are expected to tip for the service.

You will pay for alcoholic beverages, Soda and Cappuccino and the like.

We sailed Conquest last April, you will love the food. My personal favorite is the Deli on the Lido Deck......they make a truly awesome Pastrami on Rye!!

Cappuccino and Expresso are free in the dining room. Always enjoyed an Expresso after dinner. Helped to keep me awake during the evening shows.

!!

Espresso and cappuccino are complimentary in the dining room for all three meals each day. I have espresso w/b'fast, cappuccino after lunch, and a double espresso every night w/dessert.:)

Beverages included in the cost of the cruise:

Lido Deck - Coffee, tea, milk, chocolate milk, juices, lemonade, hot chocolate, water

Dining Room - Iced tea, hot tea, milk, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, water, juices, coffee, espresso, cappuccino

Room Service - Hot or iced tea, coffee, milk, choc.milk, hot choc., juices

I have been on several cruises. I have always been satisfied with the dinner. We have never left the table being hungry. The portions are small but the amount in the end is plenty. What is the difference in the Supper Club? I just cannot see paying for any (extra) food. Are there less people?
Fewer people, better food and service.

The ice cream at the ice cream shop found on some ships costs extra. The self serve ice cream on the Lido Deck is free.

I have been on several cruises. I have always been satisfied with the dinner. We have never left the table being hungry. The portions are small but the amount in the end is plenty. What is the difference in the Supper Club? I just cannot see paying for any (extra) food. Are there less people?

Lots of people love the Supper Club, but we have never tried it either. We love the food in the dining room and usually have so much fun with our wait team that we don't want to miss seeing them.

BTW, you can order more than one appetizer, entree, dessert in the dining room if you see several things that appeal to you. They will bring you whatever you want. :)

Yep, portions are small, but if you have a favorite then you can order two ;)

As for the supper club - I was 100% AGAINST paying extra to go to it, but my DH really wanted to try it and I have to say that it was just fantastic. The dining room is a nice restaurant, but the supper club is a night out with soft music, the opportunity for some slow dancing, elegant surroundings and beyond scrumptious food....

Sweet - we won't be the only Oregonians on that cruise!!

We too are on the March 22nd Conquest sailing for spring break.

I'm sure we'll bump into each other on the ship! We'll be easy to spot, DH's a big guy that 90% of the time is wearing something that says Oregon DUCKS (never BEAVERS).

For one thing [important to me] the Supper club serves steaks that are actual Aged USDA PRIME grade beef. This is the same grade of meat you get in a $100.00 a meal, 'upscale' Steakhouse. You CANNOT buy this grade of meat in a supermarket. And they are THICK cuts.

The dining room serves the same grade of meat you can buy in a supermarket. [uSDA CHOICE, USDA SELECT] And it is a much thinner cut of meat.

You mentioned 'small portions' in the dining room. True, but newbies should know they can order as many appetizers, soups, salads, entrées, desserts, as they can possibly eat. It is NOT unusual on 'lobster' nite for some to order 2 lobster entrées AND a prime rib entrée to make a "surf & Turf."

No seconds in the Supper Club with its large ultra high quality beef.

Dan

Sweet - we won't be the only Oregonians on that cruise!!

We too are on the March 22nd Conquest sailing for spring break.

I'm sure we'll bump into each other on the ship! We'll be easy to spot, DH's a big guy that 90% of the time is wearing something that says Oregon DUCKS (never BEAVERS).

Thank you to everyone who has responded. Your answers have help us out a lot.

For my fellow Oregonians, I can't say Ducks over Beavers or vice versus. I never remember which one is which and we have friends for both. To play it safe we stay in the middle!

Another odd quesiton - on the Lido/Buffet areas that serve the juices, are they available all day long?

We just got off of the NCL Star and this was one of our biggest complaints - the juice was gone by 10am.

Another odd quesiton - on the Lido/Buffet areas that serve the juices, are they available all day long?

We just got off of the NCL Star and this was one of our biggest complaints - the juice was gone by 10am.

I believe the juices become somewhat scarce after breakfast, but a quick trip to the cabin and a call to room service can get you orange, tomato, grapefruit (and I think one other) in pretty quick order.:)

Remember you will pay for soda and bottled water if you want them. You can carry on some it you like.

You can also carry on some wine if you like. No liquor.

You will love the food. If you have a travel agent, you might want to double check that they but all people in your group dining together at the same time.

On every CCl we have been on there has been some type of juice all day.

On the Imagination in December the juice was only available on the lido deck during breakfast. After that they pulled the containers from the machines and they only dispensed lemonade and (very bad) tea.

Room service offers juice 24/7.

This will be our first Carnival cruise also. I am very much looking forward to cruising Carnival with our girls. It will be their first cruise. I have only sailed on Celebrity.

On Celebrity you also have to pay for the specialty coffees at the coffee shop but their pastries are all free and excellent. Everyday they also offer a tea with lots of those darn pastries!

N-O-T that I need these calories mind you but I must admit, the pastries are my weakness.

That being said does the buffet area etc offer free pastries or little desserts?

If the answer is no, I will be a tad sad but my scale will be VERY happy.

Mc

Archived