Jewel Category G - Obstructed Cabin

travel_mom_1

I cruised on the Jewel in December and was able to get a Cat. G obstructed view cabin for the price of an inside. I searched at the time and wasn't really able to get an idea of what my cabin would look like so I though I would share my video review of my cabin for future cruisers.

Video review of NCL Jewel Cabin #8586

http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/21/188/NorwegianJewel-CategoryG-ObstructedView/283330

What a great video! Sure wish one like this had been available when we were searching for photos. We just completed 21 days in a Cat G (8064) on the Jade. We just had one large window and a fairly good view between lifeboats and down o the water and the promenade deck below, but there was equipment in the way, but some pictures that we took from our window could be adjusted so that there appeared to be nothing in the way. We were very fortunate that there were no tender ports at all on our 21 day cruise. However, there are lights on out there at night AND you would be surprised just how often there are workers out on the catwalks, painting, etc!:eek: We always had to be careful when our curtains were open because these guys could appear at any moment! We also got our cabin for basically the cost of an inside one, and for 21 days I really wanted some natural light and a peak as to the weather conditions each day.

What a great video! Sure wish one like this had been available when we were searching for photos. We just completed 21 days in a Cat G (8064) on the Jade. We just had one large window and a fairly good view between lifeboats and down o the water and the promenade deck below, but there was equipment in the way, but some pictures that we took from our window could be adjusted so that there appeared to be nothing in the way. We were very fortunate that there were no tender ports at all on our 21 day cruise. However, there are lights on out there at night AND you would be surprised just how often there are workers out on the catwalks, painting, etc!:eek: We always had to be careful when our curtains were open because these guys could appear at any moment! We also got our cabin for basically the cost of an inside one, and for 21 days I really wanted some natural light and a peak as to the weather conditions each day.

Good to know, I will be sure to keep our windows closed when coming out of the shower or even just sleeping. Thank you for that heads up!

I was suprised several times to see someone walking by our window. You will need to keep curtains drawn at times you don't want someone seeing in.

Grand Cayman was our tender port and they did not use the lifeboats outside our windows as tenders. GC has it's own large tender boats. So no added noise.

I was suprised several times to see someone walking by our window. You will need to keep curtains drawn at times you don't want someone seeing in.

Grand Cayman was our tender port and they did not use the lifeboats outside our windows as tenders. GC has it's own large tender boats. So no added noise.

When we have the OBV will be doing a 7day western which I believe includes a few tender ports. Ah will be up early anyway on that Cruise. Since we never been to any of those ports....all new to us.

Archived