Good restaurant in Tampa?

beach410

Channelside is a place right where the cruise ships dock.

There are several restaurants, a bowling alley/restaurant, a movie theater, and even Hooters! It was a good place just to go and walk around the night before our cruise.

Catrin

While channelside is nice the true Tampa experience is a short streetcar ride to Ybor City. Lots of nightlife and a true local scene. The place to eat is The Columbia. It takes up a whole block, has been there for over 100 years, and has excellent food. There is even a floorshow with Flamenco dancers.

While channelside is nice the true Tampa experience is a short streetcar ride to Ybor City. Lots of nightlife and a true local scene. The place to eat is The Columbia. It takes up a whole block, has been there for over 100 years, and has excellent food. There is even a floorshow with Flamenco dancers.

that would be my choice!! :D

I don't know which hotel you're staying in, but we stayed at Chase and went to Bahama Breeze, which is right behind the hotel. Great food and fantastic service.

I agree-Bahama Breeze rocks! On the water, live music, boats pull up and dock so you know the locals love it. PERFECT way to start a cruise! You can check them out online and look at the menu. We loved it and will do it again next time in Tampa.

We will be arriving in Tampa the night before our cruise round dinner time. Can anyone recommend a restaurant? Any suggestions for what we can do that evening?

Bahama Breeze is good (but remember it's a chain). Columbia is a small chain of six and has an incredible Paella and other Spanish cuisine!

As far as where the Locals go:

Charleys for steak and shellfish, or go acroos the bay and do The Salt Rock Grill!

Island way (it's sister rest'nt) is awesome for fresh seafood.

Also the Vinoy has some incredible "old Tampa/St Petes feel" if you are into that.

Just a few but you Can't go wrong with any of them.....it's a great area!

We will be arriving in Tampa the night before our cruise round dinner time. Can anyone recommend a restaurant? Any suggestions for what we can do that evening?
Where are you staying in Tampa would help answer your question....

I would have to agree...while in Tampa, The Columbia is not to be missed!! Our family celebrates Christmas here every year...the food, the decor and the ambiance is amazing! One of my relatives, Joe Roman, is the "Columbia Ambassador", and it is my all time fave ,so I am a bit biased, but we never tire of the place!

Ybor City has quite a bit to see and do as well, if you decide to eat over there, might as well check it out! There is a theater, The Improv, tons of nightclubs, Gameworks and all sorts of shops.

But Channelside is nice as well, they have Splitsville which is a fun place to hang out, or Stumps and Howl at The Moon if you are into the night scene. Whatever you choose to do, have a good time and enjoy your visit to Tampa!

Wow, thanks for all the replies. We are driving in and staying near the airport. We have a Maggionos and Bahama Breeze local to us, so I would like to try something different. The Columbian sounds like a nice option. I just checked the menu on line and it looks wonderful. Thanks!!

Do any of you know how late some of these places service dinner? We are not getting in to the airport until 10:00 p.m. would it be to late to get food at most of these places by the time we get into town?

Thanks, Pat

Archived