Should I worry about this flight?

We are disembarking our cruise ship June 1 at Canada place. We will be the only ship in port that day. (not sure about Ballentyne pier). We have an 11:50 am flight. We plan on using a limo service that you can't reserve in advance. DW says all will be fine. Should I worry about making this flight?

Thanks in advance!

I guess the short answer is probably a little. I know you don't to hear that but we generally don't recommend anything before noon. Personally I would aim for 1 PM.

Anyhow you could make it if the stars are all in order.

Ship is on time

Ship cleared without issue's

Off ship early

Your Limo get's there

Traffic is fine

Airport clearance programs and check in lines are working fine.

Being only ship is a bonus. and YVR is a great place to hang if you need to find a later flight. A Monday in June should be wonderful, relax your DW could very well be right...and if not ....?? points for you :)

You should be fine.

Why can't you reserve the limo in advance ?

Cruisingly Yours

The company, Limojet Gold told me that we will have to use the courtesy phone at the terminal to call the port authority, who then authorizes the limo to pick us up. This is the only way to get their limo service.

You must be on the Coral Princess as that is the only ship in town that date. If you can manage your own luggage and can do the Express Disembarkation then you should be ok. Otherwise you are pushing the envelope just a tad as you must be at YVR a clear 2 hrs before flight time in order to clear US customs and security. You may also want to investigate the US Direct program but as the Coral is the only ship that day the program may not be available.

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/usdirectprocess.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for your answers. It turned out that Alaska Airlines changed all of our flights. Leaving Vancouver was changed from 11:50 to noon. I told the agent that I saw a flight at 1:00, but it looked full. She had me hold on a bit, and came back and said we're on. So... no more worrying about being the first off the ship, or carrying our luggage off. Sometimes these airline changes work out for the best!

Thanks all for your answers. It turned out that Alaska Airlines changed all of our flights. Leaving Vancouver was changed from 11:50 to noon. I told the agent that I saw a flight at 1:00, but it looked full. She had me hold on a bit, and came back and said we're on. So... no more worrying about being the first off the ship, or carrying our luggage off. Sometimes these airline changes work out for the best!

That is way more doable and now you won't have to worry :)

Archived