Cagney's Steakhouse - a Video Review

travel_mom_1

Here is a video review of my husband and I's dining experience at Cagney's on the Sky. We have also eaten at Cagney's on the Pearl.

The food has been great both places, but service was better the night we were on the Pearl. I think I like the space/decor a little better on the Pearl too.

http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/21/188/Cagney27sSteakhouse/280035

We were on the Sky in October and recieved the coupon book when I asked my Personal Cruise Consultant. She no longer had any available when we booked our December cruise.

Does anyone know if they are available this year?

I love the steak at Cagney's, but I also love the side dishes such as asparagus and sauteed mushrooms and for dessert the Kahlua Creme Brulee.

Do you enjoy Cagney's? Do you have any favorite dishes?

We absolutely loved our dinner at Cagney's on the Jade in late January. Our waitress was wonderful too. The jumbo shrimp cocktail and crab cake appetizers are our favorites. The steaks, particulary the filet, are superb, and though we rarely have room left for dessert, when we do the Chocolate Volcano or creme brulee are divine! But there were only 3 or 4 tables in use the entire time we were in Cagney's and we started dinner at 8 pm! Perhaps that was because it was a night we had just left port and some of the specialty restaurants (but NOT Cagney's) were offering the 2/1 dining...

The word on the boards is NCL has cancelled the coupon book. The Cagneys on the Sky was delicious..but the lighting, it was soooo dark in there! We had an amazing waitress she was so pleasent and sweet.

I was afraid of that. I loved that coupon book for the BOGO restaurant surcharge. We always used it for Cagney's because it is the most expensive of the specialty restaurants.

I was afraid of that. I loved that coupon book for the BOGO restaurant surcharge. We always used it for Cagney's because it is the most expensive of the specialty restaurants.

Yeah we used it for Teppanyaki once and on another cruise we used it for Cagneys the two most expensive ones. Makes more sense that way. ;)

FIRST TIME CRUISERS (NCL Spirit - March 2009)

Is it an all you can eat place? I heard that you pay your $20 cover and can order as many steaks/entrees/appetizers/desserts/etc as I want.....is this true???

do they add gratuities to the $20pp cover charge ($3pp) as well?

also, the video mentions tipping. we were told that there will be an automatic $12/pp/day ($168 for two people on 7 day cruise) charged to our account for tipping. thats pretty steep if im suppose to tip in addition to the automatic charge, considering i plan on eating on shore everyday when possible.

Thanks for the help,

cg

Is it an all you can eat place? I heard that you pay your $20 cover and can order as many steaks/entrees/appetizers/desserts/etc as I want.....is this true???

also, the video mentions tipping. we were told that there will be an automatic $12/pp/day ($168 for two people on 7 day cruise) charged to our account for tipping. thats pretty steep if im suppose to tip in addition to the automatic charge, considering i plan on eating on shore everyday when possible.

Thanks for the help,

cg

It's all you can eat basically in any restaurant on the ship, if you want to order more of anything they usually gladly bring it to you. I do believe if you want lobster it's an extra fee. But Lobster is served on the First sea day while onboard in the Main Dining room for free, so we never bother.

On our bill they didn't add the gratutites in Cagneys, we just gave a tip which you can do right there with you bill and it gets charged to your onboard charge account.

With the tips usually it's automatically charged that $12 gets split amongst a few different people, dining staff, room stewards. etc. I never adjusted or taken mine off so I can't tell you how that would work.

Thanks for the help,

cg

Tipping - You wil pay the $12pp service charge which covers most of your tipping on board, but there are a few times you may need to tip extra depending on the services you use. I'll give three examples.

One example is bar drinks. If you order a soda or mixed drink from a bar they will add a gratuity to it. Another would be for a spa service, if you get a massage they won't add a tip to that service, but it is expected. Thirdly, are the specialty restaurants. Some people feel that the surcharge covers the tip. Others feel that it doesn't. For me I have almost always left a tip, but not every single time. I let the service I recieve in that restaurant dictate my tip.

Archived