Ok for Teens?

Brit-Cruiser

We have always cruised RCI, but will not be in the future - it's a long story!!:mad:

We are seriously looking at giving our hard earned cash to HAL instead. The only slight concern I have is my 15 yr old son. He has always had a good time on our other cruises & I am worried he may not enjoy HAL as much. He will be without his older brother this year for the first time (who is now way too cool to be seen with the parents:cool:), so it may be harder for him to mix.

Can anyone tell me if their teens enjoy cruising with HAL & if there is adequate provision to keep them entertained?

I guess it depends on what time of the year you will be going. We are going on HAL for the first time also with our teens but we are going during spring/Easter break. We will be on the Westerdam, 4/12/09. There appears to be more teens on our sailing according to the roll call, you may want to check on your roll call.

~Jo~

My first cruise was with HAL when I was 19 and my sister was 16. We had a riot! My sister hung out at the teens club often, as they did some pretty fun things (sometimes I was quite jealous I could not participate!:confused:)

Like the previous poster said, check your Roll Call and it will of course depend on the time of year. You would be suprised at the demographics onboard. There will be more kids than you think!:p

Enjoy!

I also should have said, that HAL does an EXCELLENT job in making "Teens" feel welcome onboard. They are always treated with the same respect as any other passenger onboard, and are never "put on the back burner". The teen club staff are awesome. Like I said before, my first cruise was when I was 19, and the staff on board made me feel like a Princess! Such a great trip, cant wait for our cruise on the Eurodam in 3 weeks!

We are taking our 15yr old son on the Eurodam April4th. We, too, are avid RC crusiers. It sounds like there are other teens on board. But, they still dont have the sports courts etc that RC does.

I am hopeful that my son can hook up with at least 1 other teen. he will be fine then.

Archived