Bonaire Seacow snorkel

happy1000

I am looking for info as well. I've read conflicting reports. I would like to know if it is worth the money or would we be just as satisfied with taking the ferry to Klein Bonaire. I usually prefer the snorkle trips from a boat.:)

Did the Sea Cow trip in Bonaire when on Crown in May 2008.

Transportation to nearby pier was fine, but organization of the issue of life vests, flippers, mask, etc, took some time, and could be improved.

The Catamaran was not in very good condition (to say the least) and we were informed that our trip was the final one before it was to be put in dry dock for refurbishment !

However the staff were very polite and helpfull, the snorkelling was superb, especially the drift snorkel off Klein.

After the snorkel, plenty of snacks and cold drinks served (incl rum punch and cold local beer), which went down very nice indeed.

After the snorkel, if you take a walk back towards the Cruise Pier, there was a super bar to look out for facing the sea that had a happy hour with great food/cocktails.

Lee

On the website - it says that they go to Klein Bonaire and then a 'lovely 2nd spot'..what is this second spot?

(the trip leaves a few hours after we dock and so I wanted to do some snorkeling before the tour starts and obviosuly dont want to go to the same place that we will be taken to later)

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
I am looking for info as well. I've read conflicting reports. I would like to know if it is worth the money or would we be just as satisfied with taking the ferry to Klein Bonaire. I usually prefer the snorkle trips from a boat.:)

Quite honestly, dove over 300 times in Bonaire and right off the pier is some great snorkeling. Just take a right and walk about 2 minutes, jump in and enjoy! You'll see just as much there as anywhere else. Turtles, eagle rays, barracuda....just luck as to what you see and where. Just be careful of the lionfish, do not touch one and never touch any corals:)

Archived