Is it really worth it?

MrsO

The good thing about an inside cabin is it forces you to go out to the public areas and participate in the cruise experience, but being on your honeymoon, maybe you don't want to go out in public, which in that case, you may enjoy being able to see outside. If it's $140 total for an upgrade, that's not bad, but if it's $140/person, that's a little steep.

We are going on our honeymoon and our first cruise. Is it worth 140$ to have an OV on the upper deck mid ship:confused: Vs an Inside GTY? Leaving on The inspiration March 28th.

If you are on your honeymoon you will probably spend more time in your cabin than most people (at least I hope so), so I would say yes to an OV - balcony would even be better. You could get upgraded from inside gty but not always guaranteed. Make sure to go to your rollcall for that particular sailing and you can meet people before you even step on the ship. Congratulations on your recent marriage and I wish you much love and happiness. A bit of advice from 28 years plus of marriage - communicate.

Well I wanna do both..cant you do it ALL??????..lol Its a 140 total.

That's not bad. You could get a better cabin with a guarantee, but you could also get an undesirable one. If you can choose your cabin and get an OV for $140, I would be tempted.

Thank you for the wonderful advice on marriage!!!! I think I am going to go ahead and pay the 140$. I am so excited! After everything I have read on here from sailing under the skyway,to sailaway cocktails,to finding the secret rooms..lol, I am going to be running around like a fat kid in a candy shop!!!:p ok i have a silly question,do people really decorate their doors? Can i put just married lil dorky things on it?..lol

Thank you for the wonderful advice on marriage!!!! I think I am going to go ahead and pay the 140$. I am so excited! After everything I have read on here from sailing under the skyway,to sailaway cocktails,to finding the secret rooms..lol, I am going to be running around like a fat kid in a candy shop!!!:p ok i have a silly question,do people really decorate their doors? Can i put just married lil dorky things on it?..lol

You can do whatever you want - this is your first cruise, you sound excited to be on your honeymoon and just celebrating life in general. Savour and enjoy every single moment no matter how hocky it may seem. Take a moment and take a mental picture of special moments - I can still close my eyes and see every moment of my wedding day. I am so pleased for you and actually envy you right now. Our first cruise will always be our best because it was our first but definitely not our last.

I hope you all didnt think it was ONLY a 140$ for the cruise:eek: its 140$ MORE for the OV upperdeck mid ship cabin,than an Inside GTY

No, I understood that.

Have a great wedding and a great honeymoon.

25 years and counting here.

We spent our honeymoon in Alaska in 2000 and had a wonderful time in an inside cabin. The next cruise was with an outside view. The next one was a balcony and we have never gone back.

We did not know what to expect with a cruise and have loved cruising ever since. I would never go again without a balcony, but then again we have been married for a while.:D

If you are on your honeymoon, get an inside cabin. It is always dark. If you and your husband are both young, put the "do not disturb" sign out and enjoy yourselves to your heart's content. If there is an excursion you want to go on, fine. If you don't want room service for a meal or two fine. The rest of the time, enjoy your honeymoon. Pretend it is the 60s. If you were born in the 80s even better.

Da Bear

We are going on our honeymoon and our first cruise. Is it worth 140$ to have an OV on the upper deck mid ship:confused: Vs an Inside GTY? Leaving on The inspiration March 28th.

Mrs.O......,

First off, congratulations to the both of you on your marriage, honeymoon, and first cruise.....That being said....

It took the wife and I 30 years of marriage to FINALLY go on a cruise....Not that we did not want to mind you, it was just that we had other priorities at the time (being newly recruited into the military.....not making a whole lot of "coin", being assigned overseas...... etc.... etc... etc....to include having two wonderful daughters, who are now grown (one of which is married, with her dual Masters Degree...and one who is still in college....a mortgage.....etc...etc...etc.) Now FAST FORWARD.....from 1978, to 2008....LoL

Being one of the "big" anniversaries....and also being our first-ever cruise, we decided to pull out all of the stops and booked one of the Penthouse Suites (U-70) on the Elation. We sailed on her from 15 - 20 Nov 08, to Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada......To be quite honest, having never cruised before, we did not know what to expect once we boarded....

We asked a lot of questions of friends who had cruised previously, both on Carnival and other cruise lines. We checked out a veriety of websites that catered to cruisers, this one included....Based on all of this input we were able to make for the most part an "educated" decision as to what to do and where to go.

Our cruise was quite possibly the BEST vacation we ever had....Maybe because it was our first-ever vacation by ourselves....or because it was our 30th Anniversary (I am truly BLESSED to be married to my wife)...or maybe it was a combination of those two items, plus being on a Carnival cruise (no I do not work for Carnival...LoL).....We had a GREAT time and met a GREAT bunch of cruisers and Carnival staff, while on the Elation.

Regardless of what you decide to do during your cruise on the Inspiration in March (room-wise.....excursion-wise.....etc.)....enjoy the moment..... enjoy your honeymoon.....meet new people.....experience new cultures, and have FUN...above ALL.....have FUN.....The two of you have the rest of your lives to experience wonderful things together.......let this be one of those occasions.

So....what does all this "goopy drivel" mean you think?.....LoL.....Bottom line is, do what your HEARTS thinks best...if you want to upgrade and can afford it....then go for it.....if you would like to save some coin for other things like excursions, etc.....then go that route......regardless of what you decide.....go out....have FUN.....continue to love one another.....and best regards from us on your wedding and future together.

Archived