Charging iPod?

Moonbeamsun

Hi, Ive just been given an iPod off my grandaughter!! I'm still finding my way around this new technology, so was wondering how I would charge it on a Carnival ship (Liberty). It has a USB lead to charge from my laptop, but how would I charge it onboard if I'm not taking laptop with me??

I would appreciate your advice.

Thankyou :)

Hi, Ive just been given an iPod off my grandaughter!! I'm still finding my way around this new technology, so was wondering how I would charge it on a Carnival ship (Liberty). It has a USB lead to charge from my laptop, but how would I charge it onboard if I'm not taking laptop with me??

I would appreciate your advice.

Thankyou :)

There is an adaptor available that plugs into the wall outlet (AC) that has a USB jack on the back. Plug your iPod into this adaptor, then plug the adaptor into the wall outlet. Then you're all set. Carnival ships are 110 VAC (or equivalent) so be sure to buy the appropriate adaptor.

Buy a small dock that will charge and also play your Ipod in your stateroom. I have a small flip one that travels nicely and it serves both purposes. Has speakers for playing Ipod and dock that charges.

Vicki

Not sure if the use of the term iPod is generic for all mp3 players. I got an MP3 player as a gift and the charger for my cell phone works for it. However, use this info at your own risk.

Last time I was in WalMart they were selling charging docks for around $15.

I use this: Belkin Mini Travel Surge Protector with USB Charger Surge suppressor

base_media?q=FroogleCatalog_CNETI630266.jpg&size=4&dhm=b88a2555&hl=en

It has 2 USB slots in the bottom to charge our iPods and turns the one plug in the room into 3.

This surge protector looks great (question: what was approx. cost?). I was going to tell the OP to be sure to bring a small extention cord but this is small & would do the trick. There is only one outlet by the desk in the cabin (one in bathroom doesn't fit standard plugs) & you'll want that one outlet for a variety of things (camera battery chg., Ipod docking station, if you bring a small clock, etc.).

I use this: Belkin Mini Travel Surge Protector with USB Charger Surge suppressor

It has 2 USB slots in the bottom to charge our iPods and turns the one plug in the room into 3.

I also have this and have used it in Mexico and on several trips. I love it....and will be taking it on my cruise on Sensation 5/3/09. $24.99 from the company belkin.com

Enjoy

I also have this and have used it in Mexico and on several trips. I love it....and will be taking it on my cruise on Sensation 5/3/09. $24.99 from the company belkin.com

Enjoy

That is a neat little device. As my wife & I have 2 iPhones, I will be picking one up today.

Found this as cheap as $14.00 on internet (plus shipping, of course) Walmart looks the cheapest after shipping (less than $18) Can't get it in the stores where I live.

I was just thinking last night about how I was going to charge my ipod on the cruise. I'm glad someone asked this question.

My cruise leaves next week and I'd love to find this in a store as time is running out to order and have one shipped (I start traveling on Thursday). Does anyone know where in the stores (Walmart for example) I can find these? Would they be in the electronics section?

I was just thinking last night about how I was going to charge my ipod on the cruise. I'm glad someone asked this question.

My cruise leaves next week and I'd love to find this in a store as time is running out to order and have one shipped (I start traveling on Thursday). Does anyone know where in the stores (Walmart for example) I can find these? Would they be in the electronics section?

Website for Walmart says "Not sold in stores". Same with Target and every site I checked.

I just looked on walmart.com, and it says not sold in stores. So you may want to try a Best Buy or Circuit City to locate it.

I didn't want to bring a big surge protector on our trip, so this looks perfect to charge our iPhones on the ship.

This surge protector looks great (question: what was approx. cost?). I was going to tell the OP to be sure to bring a small extention cord but this is small & would do the trick. There is only one outlet by the desk in the cabin (one in bathroom doesn't fit standard plugs) & you'll want that one outlet for a variety of things (camera battery chg., Ipod docking station, if you bring a small clock, etc.).

I have this Belkin and it works great! Make sure that your USB works with this. One of our IPod connectors doesn't fit in. And only 1 Ipod can be charged in at a time.

I bought mine in the Vegas Airport last year, But I have seen it at Best Buy for the same price, $25. I have also seen it at Target recently for $20.

Slighlty heavier than a three-outlet extension cord and IPod connector.

You can also buy a mini travel connector from Apple that is $29.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB352LL/B?fnode=MTY1NDA4NA&mco=MjQzMzEzNw

I have one similar to this, charges 2 USB devices. I did get mine at Wal-Mart in Tennessee, it was not listed on the website, but was in the Electronics section, and if I remember correctly, it was less than $15.00. Our local Best Buy has them as well. Good Luck.

Thanks all! I just did a quick internet search, and no luck either finding anything in store. I did a quick search on the Office Depot site, and they can be ordered online for $13.95 (Item # 939905 )

thanks for the office depot tip!!:D it saved me $10 off the cheapest prices found at amazon...

Buy a small dock that will charge and also play your Ipod in your stateroom. I have a small flip one that travels nicely and it serves both purposes. Has speakers for playing Ipod and dock that charges.

Vicki

I would go with a small inexpesive docking station - we used ours constantly while in the room.

These are the best suggestions, IMO. In addition to being able to play music in your cabin, you can use this when you get home as well. Since you have a laptop at home, you would only need the charger on cruises.

I got mine cheap (about $30) but you can find nice ones if great sound quality is important. Look for something like this, but check that it works with your model of Ipod (many do not work with the shuffle, for instance).

51marq4vxvl__ss384_.jpg

I also think the docking station works great. We can listen to music in the room or on the balcony (down low of course) and mine flips into the size of a large wallet. Runs on batteries or with AC adapter.

Vicki

Archived