Nassau beach with watersports?

beach410

Is there a beach similar to Port Lucaya in Freeport that offers parasailing, jet ski rentals, banana boat, etc? That we can just take a taxi to?

Cabbage Beach is a public beach with watersports on Paradise Isalnd ($4 by cab). THere's no restrooms or other amenities.. but you can rent a chair or umbrella and theirs usually locals selling rum drinks out of a cooler.

If you want a HOTEL beach.. then you can go to the Wyndham at Cable Beach for $40pp (included buffet lunch at Seaside Cafe) .. Theres Jet ski's etc. on either side of the beach (Sheraton or next to Breezes.

anyone know the cost of getting to the wyndham? we have a group of 10 going.

The day pass is $40pp and included lunch.

As far as transportation, the #10 jitney will drop you off right across the street. It's $1.25pp and takes about 10 minutes. They run every few minutes from downtown to cable beach and back again from 6am - 6:30pm.

Rent a room for less....

I checked their website and cheapest room is $160 before taxes & resort fee of $15 per person. Would have to get 3 rooms which is more than the $40 per person day passes. let me know if I'm missing something to make it cheaper.

Thanks

I checked their website and cheapest room is $160 before taxes & resort fee of $15 per person. Would have to get 3 rooms which is more than the $40 per person day passes. let me know if I'm missing something to make it cheaper.

Thanks

Rent ONE room for 4... may be a bit more BUT you have a bathroom/changing area/charging privileges/nap time. ... the rest can get regular wristbands and "sneak up to the room. You may be able to get more than 4 depending.

I just thought with that many you might be able to "cut" a deal.

Call the actual resort and ask them if you get a "day room" could you get reduced wrist bands for the rest of your group.... and when going to the room only go as 2-4... not the whole group. They may allow the rest of the group to pay the "resort fee" of $15.

Rent ONE room for 4... may be a bit more BUT you have a bathroom/changing area/charging privileges/nap time. ... the rest can get regular wristbands and "sneak up to the room. You may be able to get more than 4 depending.

I just thought with that many you might be able to "cut" a deal.

Call the actual resort and ask them if you get a "day room" could you get reduced wrist bands for the rest of your group.... and when going to the room only go as 2-4... not the whole group. They may allow the rest of the group to pay the "resort fee" of $15.

Bob - I think your dreaming here..

They'd lose money on this deal for sure.

There's a changing are in the gym, along with showers and locker, even for cruisers.

But there may be an option at Sheraton. They used to have a $99 day room (I think it was for 4). That would be $30 pp.. but would not include lunch. Not sure if they still have it... or if it's for 4 ppl. Then then would only need 3 rooms.

I think the $40 deal is better.. since you get a really nice buffet out of it.

Bob - I think your dreaming here..

LOL.... isn't this Disney World?

Just trying to help...

With 10 I would call both hotels and ask.... you never can tell nowadays.

BTW have you heard if the Sheraton on GBI is now open?

Archived