Holiday Cruise Director and Staff..

JES11583

We were on her the end of Sept. I think that it's still the same lady director I think her name was Tori..... I may get burned for this but.......

We thought that she was WAY to loud and screamed all the time. It really got on our nerves by the end of the cruise. Don't get me wrong we love to have a good time and always do but she was just toooo much! we have been on several cruises but NO ONE has ever got under our skin like her. But the staff is fantastic!!!! to the person, they were great.

We had a great time on the Holiday and we would go again in a heartbeat.

OK all you Tori lovers..... be nice...... :o

We were on her the end of Sept. I think that it's still the same lady director I think her name was Tori..... I may get burned for this but.......

We thought that she was WAY to loud and screamed all the time. It really got on our nerves by the end of the cruise. Don't get me wrong we love to have a good time and always do but she was just toooo much! we have been on several cruises but NO ONE has ever got under our skin like her. But the staff is fantastic!!!! to the person, they were great.

We had a great time on the Holiday and we would go again in a heartbeat.

OK all you Tori lovers..... be nice...... :o

Thank you so much for your insight.. well, maybe itll be a new person??? lol

Was she loud in general or was it more of the sound system and the speakers in the hallways that made her seem loud?? (does that make sense?? lol)

I agree about the cruise director, we went last December and she was very annoying. My wife and I both put it in our comment cards. We went back the end of January and she was much better, still not one of my favorites, but she had toned down her act some. The staff and crew were the friendliest and most helpful we have ever had. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

Patiently waiting for KYTransplant to weigh in and tell you all what a terrible mistake you are making, lol. Actually, we haven't sailed on the Holiday since Steve Cassell left for the Ecstasy; always thought he was a very good CD; could sure play the fiddle! Of the five sailings we have done on the Holiday, she has always had the very best staff compared to the rest of the fleet, IMHO. We will miss the old girl, but welcome to Mobile, Carnival Fantasy.

She was on the Holiday on Feb 9th. We just got back and I heard about all the Woo Hoo's I cared to hear.:rolleyes: At least they stopped that stupid red team/blue team game. They would interupt dinner in the Dining Room to give updates on which team had the most points.:mad:

She was on the Holiday on Feb 9th. We just got back and I heard about all the Woo Hoo's I cared to hear.:rolleyes: At least they stopped that stupid red team/blue team game. They would interupt dinner in the Dining Room to give updates on which team had the most points.:mad:

ohh darn.. no more red/blue team game anymore??? haha... I was always on the losing team anyway it seemed... I guess she will most likely still be there come April then.... WOO HOO!

Is it just the Holiday that has stopped the Red/Blue team thing?? We were on the Inspiration in December and they still did it...although, the teams are no longer designated by your dining room table number but by your cabin number (even or odd). I was just thinking it was because they are heading toward open dining since people would not be sitting at the same table every night.

Woo Hoo!!

She was not the most annoying cruise director I have experienced.

And she was sort of funny.

I don't remember the name of the maitr'd but on the Five Day Cruise to Nowhere he was a very nice and personable smallish guy from India. Some maitr'ds have been kind of arrogant and impressed with themself, but this guy seemed very down to earth and genuine.

for her 6 week vaca, Filipe from Brazil will fill in..Richie Rich is ACD..Red and Blue teams were mentioned this week, but not another word later on. The engins are fixed..and it will undergo paint n powder for 9 daze. They were starting to tape off/cover, clean...all this week.

I agree about the cruise director, we went last December and she was very annoying. My wife and I both put it in our comment cards. We went back the end of January and she was much better, still not one of my favorites, but she had toned down her act some. The staff and crew were the friendliest and most helpful we have ever had. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

Completely and totally agree with this post. DH and I first sailed on the Holiday in August, and I was not impressed with Tori. Just too loud for my taste. We just sailed the Holiday again in Feb, and I was pleasantly surprised that she has toned it down a lot! Thought she did a good job that time! Although she's still doing the 'woo hoo!' :rolleyes:

Just got off the Holiday on Saturday and must be out of the norm. I thought Tori was good & was funny. We typically do not like the loud/over the top type of people...but that's her type of work. She has to get the crowd into it...and I think she did it well.

The Asst. Cruise Director was Richie Rich (a sweetheart)...and I thought the rest of the staff was fantastic (like Island Girl & Max). I was thoroughly impressed with the entire check in/check out procedure. We were ON the ship by 11:30 (allowed to park at the terminal right at 10:30) and off the ship by 9:30 (waiting for as long as we could)

I met a lot of really great people, and the kids did as well. I can see why some people love the Holiday. It was a very intimate ship; small & you see the same people over & over. It was very friendly. I can also see why some people don't like her. The sewer smell was very prevalent, the decor is dated, there was some brown water...nothing like that stood in the way of us having a great time.

Archived